Unmarked Mates- Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Lana’s POV

Never thought I would reach this low-literally.

My hands were cuffed behind my back and two council guards had a hand each on my shoulders, keeping my knees nailed to the floor.

Staring straight at me from her throne was the Queen aka my grandmother, or we could even just call her the wicked witch of the west that kidnapped my daughter.

The thought of Eve made me regret not wrapping her in my arms the second I saw her- stupid me just had to push her away and deal with Max first, now didn’t I?

Speaking of Max, where the hell was that lying bastard?

“Svetlana Blake,” the ‘I’m so high and mighty’ Queen Cassandra finally after hours of silence spoke up, “Your one bloody mess now are you not?”

“If your guards didn’t stop me, you would have been a bloody mess too,” I spat.

That earned me a slap from the guard.

“Enough! Both of you, out!” Cassandra screamed at the guards.

I looked at the slapper, “When I’m out of these cuffs, I’m coming to get you first,” I threatened.

I watched them both leave and then felt thin, cold fingers under my chin, turning my head to face her.

Then she did what she had obviously been waiting for all this time. She slapped me too.

“That’s for treating me with disrespect.”

Blood was running down the corner of my lip as I turned to face her once more, “If you slapped me for every time I treated you with disrespect- we would be here for years, so why don’t you just tell me what you want and let me and my daughter go.”

She rubbed the inside of her palm as she smiled at me, that cold icy smile that I wish I could whip off her porcelain skin.

“You are free to leave when you have calmed down and once the doctors have checked you. As for Evelyn, she my dear will remain here with me.”

I never wanted to kill my own grandmother right up until now.

“What?” I roared out.

“Are you having trouble hearing, dear? I said she won’t be leaving anytime soon.”

How does that bitch speak so calmly? I have no idea. But she better teach me otherwise the anger radiating through my body is gonna get her killed any minute now.

Taking a few deep breaths, I spoke up again, “Will you please in the name of God tell me why my daughter won’t be returning home with me?”

Walking back to her chair, she sat down, “It’s you punishment, my dear.”

“Punishment for what?”

“Did you forget how you killed Nikki Anderson?”

I looked away, “So?”

“So, Svetlana, you killed the daughter of Dan Anderson, a councilman who I would like to keep in my council and seeing as he wanted revenge, I thought I would step in and stop him from going on a hunting mission to kill my only granddaughter.“

“She was going to take my place! I had to do something!”

“How exactly was she going to do this may I ask?” She leaned forward and rested her elbows on the side of her throne.