Unmarked Mates- Chapter 3

• Dedicated to Anyone that enjoys this chap :)

Chapter 3

I’ve always hated being the other girl, but that’s just who I am. I don’t think any man had ever loved me, other than my two brothers and son. I know Eric, the man I love- loved me once upon a time ago, before he met his mate and then left me. But he eventually came back to me after his mate had died. Though, I know that he still misses her and every time he looks at me- all he wants to see is his mate.

I sometimes really wish that we were mates and that I wasn’t stuck with Chad.

Oh, how I wish he wasn’t the father of my children, how I wish I could go back in time and change that one night when I was sixteen and gave myself to him.

I was so stupid to even do it a second time.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my children and don’t even regret having them both, my only regret is just those two nights with their father.

The only two nights that he said “I love you”.

He could say it again now, but I would be stupid if I believed him. 

Eric and I were…..I guess you could say high school sweethearts. We loved each other so much but we both knew that we weren’t meant to be.

That still hasn’t stopped us now- it should because if I got caught, who knew what Chad would do to me. Take my children away from me? Ban me not to see them? Kill me? Punish my side of the pack that wasn’t originally his?

I don’t even want to think about the rest.

“You’re thinking too hard,” Eric whispered into my ear and wrapped his arms tighter around me, “Tell me?”

“I was just thinking about what would happen if Chad found out…..about us,” I said and turned around on the bed, in his arms so I could put my head on his chest, listening to the beat of his heart.

He snorted, “He can’t do sh-“

I cut him off, “Yes he actually can do shit, he can take away my children.”

“Now that’s where your wrong, babe,” He said, stroking my hair lightly.

“Huh?”

“Your uncle is part of the council- he wouldn’t allow that and Chad would be too scared about what would happen to his position to even do that in the first place.”

 My uncle- my dead father’s older brother is a part of the High Council, which helps my reputation even more since I am an Alpha female.

Yes, I’m Alpha female even though my mate hadn’t marked me. I have to be because my brother left that position to me after he also lost his mate, he didn’t want to rule without her.

 My pack had to join packs with Chad’s because, well, he is my mate and the law says if the Alpha of a pack were to be the mate of an Alpha female, then the packs must join. I know, lame right? But you can’t say no to the law, especially the werewolf one.

I smiled as I thought of my uncle threatening Chad if he ever took my children away from me. Eric was right, Chad wouldn’t even think about doing such a thing.

~~~

I slowly came to a stop in front of my single story house and cut off the engine. It took a while for me to dress up and get out of the hotel, since every time I actually tried putting clothing; Eric had made sure it came back off, if you know what I mean.

As I got out of the car the thought of making a run for it came to mind.

There it was, Chad’s car parked across the street from my house. I could smell his scent that was mingled with another.

Oh, great, he brought over one of his latest girlfriends. 

I took a deep breath and walked towards the front door, pushing the keys in the lock and slowly turning them.

I came to an erupt stop when I saw-

“Ciara? Oh, my god! Please tell me that you’re not dating this whore!” I shouted.

Seeing your ex-best friend who is now your enemy sitting on your mates lap isn’t that best sight. Most of the girls Chad dated were- had more clothing on then this, like come on I have kids in this house!

“Watch your mouth, bitch.” Ciara got up from Chads lap and walked over towards me before I stopped her.

“Eww, don’t get close to me otherwise I have to burn these clothes,” I said holding up my hand in front of her to prevent her from coming any closer.

Chad roared into laughter on the couch, “Ciara, honey, she means it and I bought her that top so I would hate for my money to go to waste.”

“You bought me this?” I looked down. Yes he had, he gave it to me after I gave birth to Evelyn, ”Doesn’t matter Chad since now that I remember you got it for me- I have to burn it anyway.”

He instantly stopped laughing and glared at me, “Do you have any idea how much that cost me?”

“Don’t know, don’t care.”

“Chad, I can’t believe that you would actually buy her something, seriously.” Ciara said pointing a long red manicured finger at me.

My eyes snapped back to her as anger started building up in me.

“Watch what you say, bitch,” I said, clenching my fists at my side,” You may be going out with the Alpha but don’t forget where you stand when you’re talking to me- or about me. I’m still your Alpha Female and this is my house so get out!”

The room went cold as I stared down Ciara. Her head was down and I could smell the fear on her.

Good, she should be scared.

I tuned my eyes to a surprised Chad; he had his mouth open and was looking at me curiously.

“Close your mouth, Chad, wouldn’t want a fly to pop in there now would we?” I smiled as he closed his mouth.

“I want you out, now” I spat at Ciara

“Yes, Alpha.” She barely whispered and walked out the front door

“You didn’t have to do that.”

My eyes snapped back to Chad, “What?”

“She knows her place so you didn’t have to yell at her-“

I cut him off, “Didn’t sound like she knew her place at all.”

“Lana-“

“Why did you come here, Chad?” I asked, cutting him off again

“I promised the kids I would take them over to my parents place for dinner.” He said not even asking permission to take them, why would he ask after all he is the Alpha.

“Sure, I’ll go and get them ready.”

With that said, I walked down the corridor and into Evelyn’s room.

~~~

I watched them through my bedroom window, which gave me a full view of what they were doing.

A tear rolled down my cheek as Chad stared lovingly at Ciara who was holding a laughing Evelyn in her arms.

I watched as Nick started laughing at what Ciara said and went over to hug her around the waist.

They looked like a perfectly happy family.

A family I would never properly have.