Part 20

Two days has passed, Mehak was busy at the kitchen preparing some dishes and her phone rings. It was from unknown number as she slide to answer it, the other side greeted Pikachu, and from there she knows it's Kunal. She sigh and asked him to call her as Mehak and why he called. He said he have something to pass to her and he will be leaving Delhi in the evening so he want to see her. She said will come and ask him to message the details of the place. Once she served Karuna maa and Dolly maasi she asked permission to go out to meet her friend and Karuna maa said she don't need to get permission as this is her house, Mehak thanked her and said will be back soon. She took an auto and reached a restaurant at the city center. She walked slowly passing the shops and later reached the restaurant. The waiter bring her in to sit at a table and pass the menu. Mehak thanked and the waiter left from there. She was flipping the pages and wondering why Kunal is not here yet and looking at her phone for the time. He arrived at the restaurant and waved at her as he walked to her table. She smiled and ask him to sit down, he apologized for being late as he never expected Delhi traffic is very bad. He already check out from his hotel too so after meeting her he will proceed to the train station. He asked her to order something, and Mehak placed an order along with Kunal. While waiting for their food , Mehak asked why did he asked her to come, and he opens his bag pack and pull out a gift wrapped nicely in gold wrapper, he hand it to her. She hold it and asked what this is, he smiled and ask her to open to see it. Mehak slowly peel off the ribbon aside and carefully remove the gift wrapper and inside is like book more like an album, she remove the light paper type material from the top and saw, it was written, Discovery Manali , photography by Kunal Singh. She lifted her head to see him and he asked her to see inside, she gently flip to the first page , it was breath taking view of the Manali hill, the view that always sooth her mind, she continued to check all the other pages, she saw the shot at the Manali temple, the Gurdwara where she does her sewag. Till she reached the last page it was a shot taken from the Manali hill top, and she was there, she gasped and asked that's me when you took my shot Kunal Ji, she questioned him. He smiled and said I didn't take that shot, it was taken by Adi, remember the day we all went to the hill to site seeing, Adi wanted to try taking pictures so he took that shot, but you said you will delete it Mehak questioned him. He rested his back on the chair and said I wanted to but when I go through the photographs this looks good, Adi no doubt he don't have talent but this angle and shot was good so I decided to keep them and now I print and made into album for you . She closed the album and put it on the empty seat next to her. The waiter came to serve their meal, both started eating their meal and exchanging notes in between, he asked how is Shaurya and everyone at home, Mehak replied all are okay. After they done with the main course, Kunal asked shall I order some dessert and Mehak nodded. They serve them chocolate lava cake with ice cream. As Mehak eats she called Kunal Ji, he looked at her and she said , can you not to call me Pikachu anymore, I don't like it, Adi said something out of mind and you keep teasing me with that, please stop calling me Pikachu. He laughed loudly and teased her Mehak Ji I never expected you can take me so serious like this. Okay no problem, I won't call you Pikachu anymore. Mehak smiled and asked him to eat his dessert. While this was happening, it was noticed by someone and that is none other than Shaurya. He was at that restaurant too as he was the partner there and came for discussion. He saw Mehak there and been watching these two for quiet sometime. His anger heighten seeing Mehak with another man smiling and eating together. Ever since they have been married they haven't enjoyed a single day as a husband and wife and each time that idiotic Kunal make some jokes and Mehak laughed along. He clenched his fist and feel like breaking Kunal's face with the anger in him. Slowly he pacified himself and told himself, he needs to get into Mehak's good book for that he needs to act calm. Or else she will run from away and he can't afford to see that happens again.