Chapter Twenty-One : The Truth

Scarlett stood in the dirt out in the middle of nowhere with the rest of the team, Emmy and Xavier hadn't arrived yet. May, Johnny, Jason and Alex were all squished together on a log and the bon fire burned bringht in their faces, May and Jason on opposite sides. Scarlett and May had figured out what Jason had been doing to May a few days before but the two where still coming up with a plan of action. Meanwhile, Xavier and Emerald were running late. But then Xavier's old truck pulled up the entire teams faces lite up, it was first time they were going to see Emmy since she was shot. Scarlett and May rushed to the door, excited to finally see her after Xavier had kept her home for what seemed like forever. When Emmy opened the door and exited the car, they saw the Emmy they had first met, the smiling blonde girl with no cuts or bruises on her face. The three girls rushed into a hug and Alex stood up awkwardly and Xavier exited the car.

"You look like you!" Scarlett said causing Xavier to laugh from where he was standing.

"I feel like me!" Emmy giggled back at her friends. Alex walked up and offered Emmy a small smile, as Jason sat on the log with his arms crossed.

"Your voice!" May exclaimed as they walked through the dirt. Xavier laughed and slung his arm around her shoulders.

"The first thing I said when I get it back was I could go for a cheese burger!" Emmy laughed with the group. Upon hearing her chipper voice, Johnny turned around and rushed to the blonde girl, surrounding her in a hug. "Ouch!" she grunted, making the boy stop hugging her.

"Are you okay?" Johnny asked, her worriedly.

"Great," Emmy answered then lifted up her green peasant blouse to expose where Nico shot her. The group gasped as they took in the sight of the healed bullet wound's scar.

The team turned to Xavier in confusion, "I thought you were a Healer?" Jason questioned before laughing sarcastically.

"I've told you guys, I don't do scars!" Xavier laughed and grabbed his mate by her jean belt loops and pulled her closer to him.

Scarlett laughed and showed off her arm, "See?" she asked as she pointed to her scar.

"Scar buddies!" Emmy giggled and Xavier pressed his lips behind her ear. May laughed and looked around the group of eight before her eyes glazed over and she walked over to Jason and sat on his lap. Alex made a face of pure confusion then reached into her purse and pulled out a small jar. Scarlett motioned everyone to the seating area before she walked over to May and Jason and yanked May out of his lap.

"Let's just watch this asshole's life." May announced, suddenly aware of what she had done moments before. Emerald plopped down on the single log and looked at Alex.

"Wait, what are we doing?" she questioned as she places her hand in Xavier's.

"We are gonna learn the truth about Nico." Johnny explained. Jason exhaled loudly, wishing this would make all of his problems go away. As May set the small jar on the table the entire group leaned forwards to get a better view. Alex popped off the lid and gasped as thousands of black sparks flew out of it. They made a screen that through the room into pitch darkness, but then a story began.

~

It started out showing a toddler lying on a porch, wrapped in a blanket. A young women opened the door and let out a cry open sight of the small child. She rushed and picked the little bundle up, carrying it into the house. The time lapsed a few years showing the child learning how to walk and saying his first words. Soon it showed the young boy surrounded by other children, mostly he sat alone or argued with the others.

Then, the sparks flashed to a young girl walking up to him. He smiled and looked at her small figure that donned a tattered pink dress. "What's your name?" she attempted and scooted closer to him.