Chapter Seven : The Song (Xavier's POV)

I heard the light hum of the shower as I awoke and I noticed Emmy wasn't in bed with me. I yawned and stretched before getting out of our bed, making my way to the kitchen with a craving for pancakes. I'm the best boyfriend! I hummed to myself as I began to cook.

I poured the pancake mix into the pan and cracked an egg in it, adding a bit of water and stirring it with a spoon. I smiled at my work before I heard the shower turn off. I turned my attention away for a second to look at the clock and when I turned back my creation was on fire. I sighed and poured a bit of milk onto the fire, putting it out before I turned the flame down to medium, confident that the pancakes would taste amazing and surprise Emmy.

She walked down the hall wearing black spanks and one of my shirts holding a purple towel to dry her hair. She always showered, ate, then got dressed, it was just the way she was. She was humming and doing her food dance which was a little dance walk, shaking her butt on her way to the fridge, not even noticing me for a moment - that is until she smelled the fire that started up again. Her green eyes grew wide and she pushed me out of the way grabbing the pan, turned on the sink, and shoved it under the stream of water.

I frowned at her, "What was that for?" I whine, "And you know you could have just used the Gift to do that, right?" I remind her, a frown on my face due to her destroying the pancakes.

"Yes, but I might have made the fire bigger!" she exclaimed as she pursed her lips, she pulled out another pan and a bowl, took the ingredients back out from the cupboards and fridge, and mixed them together in the bowl. Next, she poured them into small circles in the pan. She sighed and glanced at the pan in the sink, "Xavier, you just ruined a brand new pan." she scolded. I shrugged my shoulders and focused on the wall behind her. "What were you doing?" she asked.

I looked at the ground anxiously, "I was making you pancakes!" I said looking at the ground.

Emerald sighed and looked at me, "Those were PANCAKES?" she asked with wide eyes.

"Yes..." I said sounding like a small child.

Emmy sighed, turned the flame off, and looked to me, "Can you grab two plates?" she asked, and she no longer looked angry. As I did, I saw her working with the food and steadily flipping the pancakes smiling as she did. I set our blue stone wear plates down beside the stove and she gave me a smile before placing two pancakes on her plate and three on mine.

I moved our plates over to the small dinning table and pulled out her chair for her, "Why thank you..." she giggled as she sat down. I turned back around and grabbed two forks, the butter and syrup, and poured us each a glass of orange juice. I poured the syrup all over mine as Emmy laughed only putting butter on hers.

I took the first bite and smiled, "These are great!" I exclaimed.

She laughed, "So why were you trying to make me pancakes?" she questioned suspiciously.

"I had a craving..." I smirked and tried to stuff a whole pancake in my mouth.

"I thought you were summoning Satan or something!" she exclaimed, looking at me in shock before she sighed and snapped her fingers, making a knife form out of water. She snapped again and before I could protest, it began cutting my other two pancakes into bite sized pieces. "Awe Emmy..." I sighed as I looked down and my food, "I wanted to eat it all at once!" I complained. My angel sighed and took another bite of her pancake.

After she swallowed, she looked back at me "If you eat it all at once you're going to choke, and then what would I do?" she asked exasperatedly.

"I guess you're right..." I sighed before I took a bite of my own food. She smiled and looked back to her plate and as she did, I picked up my fork and stabbed as many pieces of pancake as I can and shove them in my mouth.