Chapter Twelve : The Prom (Xavier's POV)

Emmy stood in front of me tapping her foot against the floor looking into the mirror adjusting her mask. I sighed and helped her, my heart pounding at how beautiful she looked. "Do I look okay?" she panicked like she had last year. I smiled at the memory of us last year, she wore a tight purple dress beacuse she didn't think she was going to win. The entire day before she was complaining because she didn't want to win aanyway, so she -with the help of Alex- decided that she would wear any old dress that was in her closet and wouldn't give "two shits either way" she had explained to me. But you should have seen her face when they read her name, she had made a goofy smile and she bursted into laughter. Wearing her high tops, she walked on stage looking like the queen she truely was and Dan yelled "You go girl!" as her black underwear flashed the crowd as she climbed the steps. I shook my head to remove the memory and I looked at her and smiled.

"You look beautiful!" I assured her with a kiss. I gave her an encouraging smile before taking her hand, "Come on Emmy, we need to go crown the new king and queen." I tried to encourage.

"What if something goes wrong tonight?" she asked her eyes searching mine.

"I don't know, I'm guessing you have a plan B though" I smirked at my mate, she looked down and lifted her dress revealing a guarder that held a small Derringer.

"When don't I?" she said with a smirk.

I laughed, "God Emmy... It's just prom. They're going to come. We hide. Nico gets caught. End of story." I explained, hoping this would calm her down.

"You can't know that, what if they grabbed me or May?" Emmy laughed and let her skirt drop back down.

I sighed, "Emmy, since when did you care about May anyway?" I tease with a laugh.

"I care about the entire team," she began then pushed me, "it's my job."

I laughed, "Even Nico?" I tease.

"He might meet one of my bullets..." she mumbled.

I laughed, "Okay, come on tiger. It's almost time to crown the king and queen!" I remind her.

"X, it's only 8..." she laughed and walked towards the door.

I sighed, "Same thing! We dance with our friends, say hi to the teachers, and then we wait for the ceremony." I explain.

"You're cute when your flustered..." she smirked and stood on her tip toes to kiss me. I kissed her back and then took her hand, leading her into the front door.

"Let's go before they think we've been kidnapped." I laughed, she looked at me forcing a glare and fighting a smile, "Too soon?" I asked.

My angel lost it and she began laughing, "Too soon!" she agreed between laughs.

~

"Alright Dan said that they would meet us outside..." I said looking up from my phone smiling from the idea of seeing my old friends. Emmy laughed before she took off her seatbelt and opened the car door.

"God, it's been forever since I've seen Dan and the guys." she said with a smile as she stepped out of my truck. I cursed under my breath and rushed out of the car, I was supposed to open the door for her. What was she thinking?

"That is my job!" I laughed as I grabbed her hand before her feet could touch the ground.

She rolled her eyes and stretched up to kiss my cheek, "Don't stress yourself. You'll get worry lines!" she teased.

"Xavier!" a guy yelled drawing my attention from mate.

I turned and saw Dan walking in my direction, "What's up man?" I greeted, glad to see my old friend again.