Chapter Thirteen : The Tall Building (Johnny's POV)

"How are we gonna get in?" I asked looking up at the tall building then back at the team which now all wore black including me. Of course, if Scar was here she would be laughing at us all for being so cliche. Speaking of Scar... I tried to reach her telepathically, but they must have knocked her out because I couldn't get into her head.

"Can't you hack the door lock?" May asked Mattie.

"No, then they'll know we're here." Mattie said looking a bit done with the world, I wasn't even sure where we were, this is as close to Scarlett as Emmy could get us using the key.

May tapped my shoulder so I turned to look at her, "You could always go," she began as the used her hand to tilt my head, "up." she suggested.

"Alright, who wants to scale the building?" Jason asked with a shaking voice.

I scoffed, "I don't, I'm scared of heights..." I added shortly after.

There were nods of no and scoffs like mine but Emerald just smiled, "I'll do it."

I looked at the girl in disdain, "What the hell is wrong with you?" I choked, looking at her as if she grew another head.

"It's not that bad..." she said as she motioned to the fountain to her right with her index and middle finger and created a grappling hook, she then slung her small gun in her belt and turned to kiss Xavier before walking over to the wall. I watched as the psychopath threw the hook and began scaling the building, my eyes wide in fear.

I turned to Xavier "Has she always been like this?" I asked.

"Yes, and don't think she's all bad ass... She is literally screaming in my head." he answered me with a laugh.

I smiled and shook my head, "Some people..." I laugh before taking another peek up and Emerald. She wore black like the rest of us, but her shoes were white.

"Does she always wear those?" May asked looking up like I was.

Xavier rolled his eyes, "Converse. It's always Converse. She refuses to wear anything else." he explained with a laugh. We all laughed at Emerald's consistency, and before we knew it she had finally reached an open window.

"She says: she gonna go in and key us up." Xavier told the group. I turned to Mattie, who was sitting on the edge of the fountain and flinched at the tears rolling down her face as she silently sobbed, Scar would kill me if I left her like this and didn't do anything... I walked over to the girl and sat down next to her, awkwardly putting my arm around her and rubbing her shoulder with my thumb.

"Hey, it will be okay... You still have Craig." I suggested hoping to cheer her up.

She sniffled and wiped her nose and cheeks with the sleeve of her shirt, "Why would he want me back?" she sniffled. Suddenly, the air around us changed and we were outside one second and inside the next. I looked around and wondered where Scar could be.

"Why the hell did they leave a window open?" I question, turning to look at Emerald.

She laughed and held her gun up, "They didn't. I got annoyed so I shot it so we could get in." she explained with a proud voice.

Xavier sighed and wrapped his arm around her waist, "Emmy, you only had four bullets!" he groaned before kissing her temple.

"Yeah, and I still got three!" she giggled.

"Aright, we need to spit up, Mattie and Xavier go erase the main frame, Jase and May go erase thier minds and Emmy and I will go find Scar." I command, trying not to look at the happy couple.

May looked at me like I was stupid, "How do you expect us to know where to go?" she implored.

"I don't know," I began, "but I do know we're wasting time." I finished.

"He's right, we need to go." Emmy said.

May groaned, "But we will get lost!" she whined and turned to Jase for help.

"You won't, get a map." Mattie said, I could tell she was becoming annoyed.

"See you later?" Emmy said turning to Xavier.

May sighed, "Where do I get a map?" she asked Mattie as Emerald and Xavier kissed goodbye.

"Find one." I laughed before Emmy and I took off down the hall.

Once we were away from the group Emmy turned to me, "I have to do somthing..." she informed me as I heard Jason snickering down the hall and then I focused my attention on Emerald.

"What do you have to do?" I questioned suspiciously, feeling anxious to find my precious Scar before anything happens to her.

"I have a promise to keep..." she said looking down at her converse, I considered it for a moment and remembered her saying that at the dance.

"Okay." I agreed, knowing it must be important. She smiled and thanked me before running in an opposite direction while I tried to telepathically talk to Scar again. "Jo-" she croaked before I lost her again. My stomach was in knots as I considered the possibilities of what could be happening to her. As I rounded the corner I noticed a sign that read Interrogation Wing, well if I had trapped someone I'd take them there. I laughed to myself as I went in the direction in which the sigh pointed. Walking down the empty halls I spoke to Scar telepathically with the hopes that she could hear me.

"Scar? Where are you?"  I asked a crept around, "Johnny..?" she answered her voice weak and hoarse. I sighed in relief and looked around my surroundings, "Baby, where are you?" I asked her, wishing she were safe in my arms. "A wh-wh-white walled room with a door and a one-way window..." she sobbed, "I'm coming!" I assured her, "Hurry Boo... I'm bleeding..." she whispered. I cracked my knuckles and used the Gift to make myself faster, I have to get to her before she gets hurt any more. As I passed on of the doors I felt strange so I went back to it and slowly peeked my head though to find a black room with a window. This break-through would have been great if there weren't 10 CIA goons standing there. I considered backing away and closing the door, but they had already seen me. My eyes darted around the room, and I noticed what they were all looking at, Scarlett.