Chapter Fifteen : The Goons (Johnny's POV)

I ran into the room, not giving a shit about the CIA agents, rushing to get a glimpse of my girl and make sure she was okay. She sat at a table holding her face in her hands crying as blood poured from her arm, "Let her out!" I turned around and hissed at them.

Three of the men rushed at me to fight while the other seven... well I wasn't focused on them so hell knows what they were doing. I punched the first on in the face causing him to stubbled back and hit the second who was pulling his gun. I cracked my knuckles and the gun blocked up as I began to come up with my plan of action.

"Who's first?" I asked the group of men, one of them charged at me and I slammed him against the wall. I begin to punch at the next one when out of the corner of my eye I saw three of the men from the previous group of ten walk into the room that held my beautiful mate. As her eyes locked with mine, I lost it. I grabbed one of the men by his shirt and threw him against the window shattering it into a million pieces. I stepped over the bleeding man, broken glass crunching under my feet as I rushed to protect her. "You let go of her right now, or you'll have the same fate as them." I hissed, they looked at the men and then back at me before releasing Scarlett and running out of the room. I looked at the men retreating, surprised that they left so willingly when I realized why.

"John-" Scarlett crocked before her knees buckled. I noticed the needle in her neck, half empty, half filled with purple liquid.

"Shit," I cussed as I reached out and grabbed the needle pulling it out of her neck, I placed my lips on her neck and sucked the poison out of her like Mattie had instructed us to do if this were to happen. Once I was sure it was all out, I broke the needle off and kept the syringe in my hand to give to Mattie for testing. Scar gasped for air in my arms as the poison left her system. I sighed in relief and kissed her forehead before helping her to stand. She studied my face for a moment for pressing her lips to mine, I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her tenderly, glad that the love of my life was back safely in my arms. She was using all of her strength to stand and kiss me, so I scooped her up in my arms never letting my mouth leave hers. Eventually, we had to get back to reality, and that moment came too soon for my liking.

The door burst open and another group of CIA agents entered. "Hot damn, can't we have a moment?" Scarlett groaned, finally sounding like herself. I gave her a smile before setting her down, using the Gift to creat a barrier between her and the men so she would be safe from the upcoming fight. There were five men in total and they seemed to have already planned their attack.

Two of the men dashed over to Scarlett, not expecting for there to be a barrier around her. They bounced back and landed on their butts before persistently trying to get to her. At the same time, the other three created a half circle around me, backing me against the wall. Scar screamed insults and taunts through her barrier as well as gave me advice telepathically. Deciding to enjoy this and use my Gift as little as necessary, I rushed the agent to the right and tackled him, landing on top of him on the ground. Sitting up, I straddled him and swung punches to his nose and face - within seconds I was being pulled off of him by the other two agents though.

The female one pushed me to the ground with her foot and pulled out her gun, pointing it at my head. I reached up with my hand and grabbed her foot that was pinning me to the ground, yanking on it hard enough that she went toppling over and landed on the ground on her back. I heard a sickening thud and looked up to see blood pooling around her head. The other two agents rushed back into action, kicking me before I could get back up on my feet. As the scrawnier one kicked out his foot with an aim to my neck, I snaked my arm up and grabbed his ankle, dislocating it from it's socket. The man cried out in pain before his partner rushed to his side. Scar yelled angrily at the two agents still trying to reach her through the barrier.