Chapter Twenty : The Non-Magical Soulmate (Mattie's POV)

I took at deep breath and knocked my exboyfriend's front door. I heard his dog bark and some talking before the door opened. Craig opened the door wearing basket ball shorts, he held a towel in his hand and was drying his short brown hair. He bit his lip when he saw me and went to close the door, his eyes full of hurt and surprise. I put my foot between the door jam and the door stopping it from closing.

"Please..." I said my voice hitching from the sight of him.

"You dumped me. You broke up with me for another guy and you told me you had stuff to figure out and that you loved me. You left me." he accused, his voice cracking as he held back the tears.

"I don't really remember anything that has happened lately... But I know I made some bad choices and I just," I started and fought back my tears.

Craig shook his head, "What do you mean you don't remember?" he questioned.

"My brain is fuzz... Like I was in a car crash..." I stuttered and looked at my hands.

Craig looked over me, "You were in a car accident?" he asked in shock.

"No... Um... Ahh... Can I come in?" I said looking up in to his crystal blue eyes. Craig rubbed the back of his neck and looked away, I could tell he was thinking.

He took a step back and opened the door more, "Yea.." he nodded and I walked into the familiar house. I sat down on the couch and bent over, my elbows on my knees and my face in my hands.

"Matts are you okay?" he asked and sat down next me, I don't know how to answer - I don't know anything except for I need him. I shook my head no and felt the tears drip down my face and through my fingers.

"I feel so lost, but I found myself here with you..." I hesitated and looked up at him.

He leaned back against the couch and sighed, "Mattie. You broke up with me for Nico. Nico Grace of all people! Why?" he asked and I could see tears in his eyes but he kept blinking to hold them back.

"I don't know..." I sobbed and looked away again.

Craig sighed and I looked up as a single tear ran down his face, "I loved you Mattie. You left me. I love you." he rasped and I burst into tears at his broken voice.

"I hate myself so much for what I did to you, and I just keep hoping you can forgive me." I attempted a clear voice though my sobs. We sat there like that for what felt like an eternity before I hid my face in my hand again, waiting for his reaction when after a while I felt arms wrap around me. "Can we start over?" I asked him hopefully.

I cried against his chest and he pulled my chin up so we were at eye level, "No." he chocked out before kissing me tenderly, "We aren't starting over, we're continuing. I'm not losing our memories. I love you." he mumbled against my lips. Feeling his lips against mine it was like my sins were being wasted away and I kissed him back. I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I leaned into the kiss, but I couldn't tell if it was mine or his and if it was a happy or sad tear. I ran my fingers though his wet hair and deepened the kiss, god I love you. He wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me tight to him and I sighed happily, happy that I was back safe in my soulmates arms. As we kissed I realized that his parents could walk in at any minute.

I pulled away and studied his face "Where are your parents?" I asked.

He sighed, "They're on vacation." he explained with a smile.

"You're kidding..." I raised one eyebrow and thought about having his house to ourselves.

He laughed after looking at my face, "Don't even think about it. We're waiting." he laughed before kissing my nose.

"I wasn't thinking about that! I was thinking about this..." I giggled and pressed my lips to his again. I smiled and pulled away before kissing his jawline up to his ear, "I love you." I whispered to him. I ran my hands down his abs and smiled, all thoughts of my missing memories fine from my mind. His fingers drifted away from my hips and wrapped themselves in my hair. I smiled and kissed him before I took his lip between my teeth and bit it gently.

He moaned and pulled me closer to him before pulling way, "You are not making this easy..." he smirked and left a line of kisses along my collarbone. I giggle and place my hands behind his head and moaned, pulling him closer to me. After we broke apart, we cuddled up on the couch and I leaned my head on his shoulder. He picked up the remote and turned the tv on before wrapping his arm around my waist and cuddling into me. I bit the inside of my lip feeling like I had forgotten something but then smiled knowing the nothing else mattered cause I was with Craig, I leaned up and kissed his jaw and looked at my smile on his face.