Chapter Ten : The Bible (Emerald's POV)

I took a deep breath before knocking on Scarlett's front door, "Don't worry..." Xavier said in my mind. I was going to go dress shopping with her while X took Chubby to the vet. One of Scar's dads opened the door and invited me to step in, "Hey Emerald!" he greeted, giving me a hug.

"Hey Mr. Jones!" I smiled at the blond man with glasses.

"How are you, is the team still fighting?" he asked, I'd met Scar's father a few times in the week and a half I'd known her and I saw where she got her big mouth from.

I smiled, "Same as last time," I began with a sigh, "Nothing's happened since they came to my apartment." I assured with a smile.

"And you and Xavier?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

"We're great! Guess what? I finally found my bra!" I giggled.

Mr Jone's laughed, "Do I even want to know?" he asked with a smile.

"It depends" I laughed back as her other father walked through the room on his way to the kitchen, "Do you want to know about my love life?" I finished.

Mr. Jones laughed and sat down on the sofa motioning for me to do the same, "Only if you want to hear about mine!" he teased and suddenly there's a crash from the kitchen.

"Mr. Jones I'd love to hear about your love life." I smiled.

"Please, call me Tom." Scarlett's father laughed before starting his story. He got a far away look in his eyes and a a sweet smile, "James and I met at high school in sophomore year," he began.

"Awe!" I cried out with a smile and waited for more of the story.

"He hadn't came out yet, though I knew he liked me." he continued. I settled into the couch and waited to hear the entire story. He sighed, "We were friends for an entire year before he finally made a move - of course I couldn't make one because... Well for obvious reasons." he explained. "So I took the lead as I always did, I told him that I wanted to know how he truly felt and I wouldn't stop bugging him until he did tell me." Tom explained with a huge smile on his face.

"And then?" I asked on the edge of my seat.

Tom smiled, "Then he leaned close to me and kissed me on the cheek..." he began, blushing as he spoke.

I smiled a huge grin and squealed "Awe! That's so cute!" I exclaimed.

"It was, he stole my heart." he exclaimed with a smile and motioned to his heart. "Alright now spill about you and Xavier!" he begged, copying my tone of voice from his own story. I smiled and tucked my feet under myself and began my story.

"Well, X and I knew each other since we were about 6 or 7 but when I was 14 I got the Gift." I started to explain. "I had always had a crush on him and his confidence, when I got the Gift I didn't know who to turn to. My grandmother is SUPER religious, and my brother had left for college. I only had a few friends because I didn't want to loose anyone else in my life." I looked down at my hands as I told our sad love story.

"But, he wanted to get to know you, be your friend?" Tom said, trying to understand.

I sighed, "I know, but I..." I took a deep breath, "I wasn't good enough. I got angry a LOT and I couldn't control myself. But Xavier... He was always so calm and understanding. I was scared he wouldn't want me." I tried to explain.

Tom nodded in understanding, "So you pushed him away." he guessed.

"Yeah... For a while, till I realized he wasn't going to give up." I smiled remembering the time I told X about the Gift.

"How did he react to when you told him about your powers?" Tom asked me, I could tell he was absorbed in the story.

"He looked at me for a moment trying to comprehend what I had said, then he took my hand and said he didn't care." I answered. "And everything was good till he got the Gift, then we fought and I said some things I'm not proud of."