Chapter16

Hard Rock Hotel Café, 2013

I knew sooner or later I'm gonna bump into him here. Never thought that it would be today. Shit. Just shit.

His hair grew long as he still trending that backwards baseball cap on his head - just as I did. His eyes hidden behind his aviators - at least mine was taken off. He wore a black t-shirt and a pair of khaki shorts with flip flops - I don't wear my heels today, just a pair of Vans.

We were both in disguise but I'm guessing his disguise wasn't working out from the marker pen in his right hand and a piece of notepad in his left. A fan waited behind him as we stared at each other with the little kid in between us.

"M?" the fan tapped him.

"Oh sorry." He continued to sign the notepad and gave it back to the fan. "Here you go."

Then he turned to me. I stood up straight and started to worry about Joanna. What took her so long in there?

"Hi." He greeted, picking up the kid and let him rested in his arms. I'm guessing again, that's his...son?

I don't know what to feel right now. Angry? Frustrated? Disappointed? Happy? All mixed into one bowl of confusing feelings and my expression just bloated into nothing.

"How are you doing? It's been a long time."

I wanted to answer him, I really do. But my throat got stuck and I just stood there in silent.

"Mommy, I'm done!" Joanna came out from the bathroom and I thanked her silently. I picked her up in one swift movement and just walked away from there. I saw his puzzled glare but I refused to say anything to him. I just wanna get home.

"Joe, we gotta go."

"Huh? But I just ordered.."

"Fuck that. We have to go."

~*.*~

"You saw who?" Joe said, sternly when we got into his car and he was driving us back to the zoo to fetch my car from there.

"Matt."

He glared at me for a second before turning his attention to the road again. Joanna is sleeping soundly at the back. Gosh, kids are so easy to fall asleep aren't they?

"God, Lzzy. Are you still avoiding him? Is there something going on between you two that I don't know about?"

I didn't answer him. I just pulled away my gaze out the window and ignored that question. Joe didn't know about that one night stand. He just knew about my hatred towards Matt implied by our vulgar messages to each other and they didn't use my scream in their song.

"You need to sort this out Lzzy. Metal industry is not that big you know. Sooner or later you're gonna see him again. And rumors about us being enemy with them just spread out on the internet like a virus. I don't have any problem with them. So do RJ and Josh. It's just you."

I crossed my arms tight on my chest and once again, ran away from his eyes. He stopped the car when we reached the zoo's parking lot and I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt. He grabbed my arm suddenly, preventing me from leaving.

"Talk to me Lzzy."

I turned to him, watching his puppy-like eyes begging for my answer. God, I'm a sucker for those eyes. But right now I can't feel anything but anger. Meeting Matt just now really rose up this angst within me. I didn't have the heart to tell Joe the truth.

"I just hate him, alright? End of story." I wiggled my arm away from him and got out of the car. I was about to take Joanna from the backseat when Joe ran around and blocked me.