#20

Brently P.O.V.

I watched as the preacher was talking... I was watching far away from everybody. I had my shades on, I leaned my arm against one of the old trees out here, and looked as they put him in the dirt.

He never told me what he was talking about with Jackie. I wanted to know, so since she was here... I was going to ask. People were weeping and crying, falling out, screaming crying. It was ridiculous but I mean some people lost him as an important person in their life. I noticed half of Dad's side and mom's side were here.

I saw Avriana and her family here. I watched as she just stood there beside Alean, making me question why dad said what he said. Dad didn't even want me to go with her in the first place and now before he kicks the bucket, he tells me I should marry her. It was stupid... it was also weird.

But I mean he was dying, I guess he tried to make his business done here before he died.

They started to put him in the dirt, making some people already leaving. I saw Alean, Avriana, Miss. Tersea and Mr Scott leaving. I saw Avriana look my way smiling, Then she started coming over to me.

"Hey" She fold her arms, looking at me while I looked at her.

"Are you okay?" I shrugged, sighing.

"I should be okay... I mean the man did make my life a living hell but he apologized to me. He wanted me to tell you that he was sorry that he kidnapped the both of us. He also apologized for torturing you" She looked surprised at first but then nod,

"I forgive him... I'm glad he apologized, but are you really okay?"

I nod, "Yeah I'm sure I'm fine" I stated, which I don't think she was buying my lie. She gave me another smile patting my shoulder.

I watched as she walked away, making me miss her more and more.

Dad said I was free to do whatever I wanted to do, and that was something I could do.

I could Marry Avriana but I couldn't... Xander would be crushed. His mother wouldn't be able to be in the same house anymore, or go on family vacations, read him bed time stories or sleep with us when he has bad dreams.

I just need to be alone somewhere... I left of the tree, watching everyone still doing the same actions when I was leaning on the tree. I shake my head and started walking towards the rental car I got.

I opened the door, hopping in and turning the car on, going back home.

Avriana POV

I watched Brently outside, standing far away from his moms house. After the service, Miss. Michelle and other family and friends decide to make food.

Brently was in the back but he was far away from the backyard.  The way he sound and the way he talked with a monotone voice like he could careless about what happened to his dad.

It's been a almost a week...

A week we haven't been back to L.A.

It's been a week since Brently hasn't talked to anybody... He didn't even talk to Xander at times.

I think he was taking it harder than anybody in his family to be honest.

I wanted to talk to him so bad but I know that I shouldn't be talking to him. I barely even know his pain. I don't know what it's like to lose a parent.

I was about to open the sliding door and walk out to talk him but someone stopped me. "Avri, give him time" I heard Jackie say behind me.

"I know... but I feel as a friend I-"