Chapter 16 - Erik

I closed the book in front of me and ran my white finger down the leather spine. I've read this damn book fifty-eight times. I knew the beginning, I knew the plot line perfectly, and I knew the ending, and I could easily quote every line from the book. Why was I reading it, though? It was because I was bored out of my mind.

I turned to look out my window, seeing a light on in the house across the street and two houses down on the right. That was the Dalca household, the place filled with those pieces of trash, the most rotten piece being that idiotic, brown-haired female dog. She truly was a pain, she was obnoxious, loud, daring, and a prankster, could it be any worse? It was her who sat in the lit up room, it seemed to be drowned in violet, the color taking over everything. Two girls were with her as well, one of them just a human and the other being a disgusting old hag.

"Erik, what are you looking at?" I turned my head around to see my sister sitting in the armchair across from me. She seemed to enjoy time away from school, she could dress in what she wanted. Baggy and conservative were not her style, she enjoyed showing a bit of skin and wearing clothes that looked more like they would squeeze you inside out due to their tightness. Now she was wearing a low-cut burgundy camisole with a black laced cardigan on to of it along with some black leather jeans. She was strange, but all girls were in my opinion, especially with their mood swings.

"I got bored and was seeing what was happening in the neighborhood. That annoying dog has a few guests over. They are so loud that I can hear them from here." I stated while frowning due to another loud noise coming from her house.

"Well, blame them, not your super-hearing. Werewolves are the worst species ever created, witches and warlocks being a close second. We won't have to worry about the Dalcas much longer, none of those putrid werewolves to be exact." She stated while playing with a strand of her long hair.

"You still have such a poor choice of words when it comes to describing them," I said.

Erika stood up and started to walk away. "Just be quiet, no one needs to hear your complaints." I turned to her angrily, my eyes glowing slightly.

"Don't you dare say that again! I am appreciated just as much as you are! Just because you're first born does not mean you are the most important!"

"Actually, it does." She stated plainly before drifting off into the next room.

The room was then in a deep coldness, the atmosphere dropping drastically. She just wrecked my day just like that. I thought Saturdays were supposed to be days of enjoyment, not used for anger at all. I turned back to the window and watched as two squirrels fought over an acorn, their bushy brown tails were going every way possible, the two animals both tossing and turning as they struggled to take the acorn from the other.

"What despicable creatures, they are not civilized at all." I spoke to no one in particular.

"Indeed they are," a man spoke. His voice was deep and honey-like, a voice that could attract any female on the planet. I recognized it as my father's and turned to him, my expression still angered slightly.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

He walked over and leaned against the armchair Erika sat in only minutes before. "I'm here to explain to you your role again." He stated. I only looked at him in distaste. "You are not to disrespect your sister at all, you are her younger sibling, respect her. You also need to know that she is the heir to the family, so you must obey her and me. Do get that?" He asked as he leaned in towards me, his wine colored eyes narrowing at me.

"I understand," I spoke before turning away to look out the window again.

"Good, because you will be aiding her in the next attack against those filthy animals."