Chapter 11 - Nicolas

Two weeks of no friends coming over or me going to their house.

Thanks a lot dad.

I rolled over onto my stomach and groaned into my pillow, this was going to be annoying. My dad also took away face time and skype, not cool at all.

I started to punch my pillow in frustration as my anger started to rise. It kept building and building inside of me, reaching to the top of the scale quickly. I had to let it out.

I threw myself upward so my head was now in the air. My hair had fallen into a frizzy mess on my shoulders, just a few days ago it had been at my chin. It had to be cut to keep people from getting suspicious. I then yanked my pillow off the bed and chucked it at my door.

There was no effect, it was only a slight thud.

My parents always told me I had anger issues, they were right. At least I wasn't as bad as Noah.

I fell back onto my bed, my back hitting the comforter. I picked up a strand of my hair and looked at it, it had a slight gold tint to it but the dark brown base color still stood out. I started twisting it around my finger. I was bored and had turned into a grump, if Noah did any little thing I knew I would snap.

I rolled over onto my stomach and rested my chin on the pillow with my arms splayed out on the bed. I could read, but that seemed too boring. Even video games didn't sound fun. I could just go to sleep considering it was real early in the morning, Saturday was a lazy day, wasn't it?

I readjusted my blue tank top and tucked myself back under the warm sheets. My head felt like it was sinking into the pillow, probably because I only had one instead of two. I rested my eyes and soon drifted back off, hopefully until three in the afternoon.

~~~

A few weeks went by and it was soon December, snow was sticking to the ground and kids were now retreating indoors. The good thing about tonight though is that there was no moon, a good night to hang out with friends.

We had decided on going to the university to go to the ice rink they had. It was time we went ice skating, a good choice for most of us who were still on sports teams.

"Nic, look! They have the trees wired up with the lights!" Molly pointed out as we approached the rink.

"Yeah, they do that every year," I told her. I didn't like that I was rude but I have a habit of just being a smart Alec, not the best thing in the world.

Aster snorted, apparently he thought it was funny. I glared at him causing him to stop laughing at his sister and to focus on me more. He returned eye contact before leaving with Austin to go use the restroom. Gwen and Molly stuck with me.

"Do you guys want to go learn how to skate or go get something to eat first?" I asked.

"I'm pretty cold, so lets go get something to eat and drink," Gwen said. A white mist left her mouth as she spoke, a weaker cloud came out as she started to breathe normally.

"There's a coffee booth right over there," Molly said and pointed at the white booth.

It was the size of one you would see at a fair or carnival with a big ligh up sign on top of it. The lettering was in either brown or black, I couldn't tell in the poor lighting. The lights lined the order window, they gave off a yellow glow which lit up the menus on either side of it.

There was a large variety. There were even muffins and cookies here.

"Hello, how may I help you ladies?" A man asked as he popped his head out the window. He looked cold considering he was wearing a short sleeve and no jacket.