Chapter 25 - Erik

I ducked down as my opponent attempted to hit me in the face. I grabbed him by the wrist and twisted it violently in a mere second. The sound of it cracking rang in the air around the two of us, his scream quickly covering it up. The man fell to the ground in a kneeling position, clutching onto his wrist.

"Tch. You're a pathetic excuse for a vampire." I squatted and met his eyes at the same level. "We're supposed to forget about pain no matter how severe."

And before he could reply, I kicked him down onto the ground before blocking a very weak punch and grabbing the attacker by the wrist. It was a small hand with warmth, indicating that it wasn't one of my father's followers. I glanced over my shoulder and looked down to see the attacker.

"Oh! Sorry, Erik!" Brown stuttered and tried to pull her hand out of my grip, not succeeding at all.

I looked down at her with an eyebrow raised. "Sorry? I thought we were on the same side here."

"We are! I just didn't recognize you from behind." She looked down at her shoes, defenses obviously lowered. The sound of heavy running came from behind her, grabbing my attention and looking at the vampire approaching.

I pulled Brown closer to me before pushing her behind. "Stay out of this."

"Why? I can fight too!" She acted too much like a child.

"Trust me, you don't want to fight with how new you are." I ran towards the approaching vampire before she could reply, readying an attack with my elongated nails.

The woman in front bared her fangs and lunged right at me. I fell to the ground with her above. Instincts took over me as she attempted to rip out my throat; my hands went to wrap around her neck, and I jabbed my nails into her deeply. She froze for a moment, the red in her eyes flickering in that time, before regaining her mind and trying to attack once again only to be stopped by my hands trapping her a good distance away.

"Damn you!" she spat the words out while trying to rip my hands off of her.

I kept them secure and tensed my muscles up to slow her down. "Brown, use one of your spells right now!"

Her startled voice was heard before a bright yellow light surrounded the brunette vampire and me. My body started to feel a severe sunburn make its way on my exposed skin, the pain almost unbearable. With a quick tilt back of my head, I saw the source of the light was from the flames around us, their movement getting closer and closer to us.

"Dammit..." The woman was off with a simple kick and fell to the ground next to me, the fire engulfing her quickly as it proceeded to close in around us. The earsplitting sound of her cry filled the air around Brown and I, the noise making the hairs on the back of my neck stand. The immediate feeling of a hot iron covered my right foot in excruciating pain; I made sure to keep in the loud groan that threatened to escape to indicate the painful experience. I leaped over the fire as best as possible and ran towards Brown, glancing back to see a snake-like trail of fire chasing after me.

"Brown, stop using that sun fire spell!" I sprinted behind her, trying to avoid the fire at all costs, using her once as a shield.

"Hold on! The spell to stop it is in here somewhere..." She opened a small spellbook, flipping through the pages quickly while muttering "no" constantly.

The fire circled around her and came at me again, the same freak out from a moment ago returning to me as I tried to desperately get away from it. "You are so lucky no vampires have not come over here again!"

"I'm sorry!" Brown squeaked out as she fumbled through the book still. I'm pretty sure she didn't even know the spell even if she did find it in there.