39: "Who Plays With Fire?"

Chapter 39: "Who Plays With Fire?".

"Fuck off, Penny! I thought you were in prison!" He snarled with his nose flaring.

Penny cackled loudly as the Avalanches called fear came rolling down. She was fully aware they feared her but she also found the satisfaction to see others fear her. "No, no, Jones. You play with fire you're gonna get burned." She taunted him as she circled around a chair he was tied up in.

Alice rolled her eyes and bit her tongue as she wrestled to break free. It was no use, the rope was cutting off her blood circulation. Her wrists felt raw and she couldn't move not even an inch.

She bared her teeth, clenched her hand tightly."Where's my son?" She was furious by who was standing in front of her.

Penny just chuckled, slowly getting dangerously close to her face." Oh I bet you would just love to know." She kept hinting as she glides a blade through her fingers.

Alice sneered,"Yes I would, Penny." She got close and spit in her face.

Penny's arms went up and strikes her cheek with a blaze. "You made a big mistake, Alice." She iced her name with a thick disgust.

She wiped the spit off her cheeks and burned her eyes into Jughead's. He had his blade out and little did she know Cheryl was right behind her with a arrow.

He laughed,"No, I think you made a mistake." He added with a smirk. Then he turned to Cheryl and signaled her to fire.

Cheryl stood with two feet apart and pulled back the string and a red arrow went off. Penny didn't notice and then felt a searing pain in her right side.

"What—- fuck!" She screamed as she fell to her knees.

FP and Alice watched it all happen. They couldn't believe what they just witnessed. Jughead, Cheryl, Toni and Sweet Pea dropped their positions and helped them free. Alice whimpers as the rope was taken off. Her wrists were starting to bruise and turn all blue and black. "Fuck you, Penny." She cried out as she latched onto her daughter.

Betty helped her mother stand up. Her mother was in a fragile state and her heart broke for her. She's been through so much. "Shh... Mom, let's find Koel." She hushed as she supported her and took her away from the warehouse.

His son helped him free. Fp hated Penny more than anything. He and Tom called for backup. He bent down and felt for a pulse. He didn't feel one. Was it wrong and inhumane she was dead and he was happy about it? He didn't think so. She caused him so pain and tore his family apart. All the pain he had witnessed in the Army, Serpents and betrayal— hit the top of all pain.

He and Tom took a different route than his son, after twenty minutes of straight bickering, he finally let his son have his way. He wasn't sure how safe it was but everything was on the line at this point.

He was breathing heavily when he reached the end of the property. "Well, you sure love running." Another voice said taunting him.

He whipped his head around and nearly tackled the guy. Claudius stood three feet away from them holding a particular need. He took another step forward and FP could see what he was carrying.

"K-koel." He stammers out, his lungs feeling like a feather. The little baby boy squirmed, thrashed trying to escape. He started to growl," Give me my son." Claudius laughed, bowing his head and smirked.

"I can't do that, FP. My brother was specific in his will. It said I take the youngest Jones and kill him."

His spine tensed up, causing his whole body to go numb. "Why did you take over for Clifford?" He
questioned the spiteful man in front of him.