Collateral Broken Home

It was 2 in the morning when Archie got home. He got home late after Cheryl exploded at him. He knew she was worried. Was he being dumb? He might be. He slowly snuck into his house, shutting the front door quietly, almost as quiet as a mouse. He didn't want to disturb anybody. Mostly he didn't want his father noticing he was out way past curfew. He was now in the safety net, his room. He slept, played video games with Jug and other stuff he kept private between him and Ronnie.

Across his room, He noticed that Betty's light in her room was still on. Maybe she fell asleep while studying. She was known for the best grades. That could very well be the outcome. Knotting in his stomach told another thing. He grabbed his phone, that was sitting on his dresser near his tv. He started typing a quick text. "Betty, are you up? Your lights are still on." He looked over to the next window and saw the screen light up, no motion. His stomach twisted again. Something wasn't right. He moved closer to the window, he couldn't see anything. Maybe she fell asleep somewhere else. His stomach knotted again but this time more intense. He gripped his stomach tightly, wrapping his arms securely around his stomach. He reached the door knob, opening it quickly, racing to his dad's bedroom door, pounding in fear, panic.

Banging, banging that's all Fred heard as he looked over at his alarm clock. It was 2 am, who could possible want him? He grumbled as he shot up out his bed, angrily rubbing his eyes. He snatched open the door, getting ready to snap. That was until he saw his son's face. The panic, scared, agonizing horror marking across his boy's face, eyes dilated. "Arch, what's going on?" Before he could continue, he was being pulled in all sorts of directions. What was going on? He thought to himself as his son pulled him next door. Why in earth would Archie bring dragging him from bed to Alice's house? Archie started banging his knuckles on the red cherry wood door, desperate plea to make sure that door opened. It had to open. Something wasn't right. He could feel it in his bones.

Alice heard banging on her front door, she grumbled, groaning as she fought the urge not to throw up. Morning sickness was really kicking her ass. It couldn't be Fp. If he wanted to get some, he would just knock on her bedroom window. She climbed out bed, to see who the hell was banging angrily on her door at 2 in the fucking morning. She wasn't in no mood to deal with ding dong ditchers. But this didn't sound like a ditcher. More like a police knock. Had Betty snuck out? She stomped downstairs, throwing her door open. "Why the hell are you pounding on my door like a fucking gorilla at this hour?!" She snarled, rubbing her eyes from the intrusion. Her eyes softened as she saw the stress filled looks on the ginger haired boy she had known for years. "Fred, Archie, why are you—" She didn't even get to finish her sentence.

Archie raced passed her, breathing heavily as he paced the stairs, nearly ripping the door off its hinges to Betty's room. He hoped that Mrs Smith wouldn't be too mad about her door. Alice saw Archie run passed, something wasn't right. She had a feeling. Almost like a mother's intuition. Fred followed close behind. He was confused, also a little drowsy. He was so tired. Archie felt his heart shatter as he saw the worst sight. He raced over to her unconscious body, her mouth was foaming, his eyes burned from holding back his tears. He couldn't believe the condition she was in. He spotted a bottle, empty pill bottle of adderall laying loosely in Betty's hand. Alice felt like she was losing the battle. No,no! She wanted to scream. She dropped to the floor, lifting her daughter into her lap with Fred's help. "Betty, please wake up!" She cried as she buried her face into her daughter's not beating heart. There was no response, she shook her body. "Betty! Please don't do this!" She shouted as she shaky tried to grab her daughters phone, she noticed something staring at her.

A note, her suicide note, she handed Fred Betty. He took her to his truck, Alice gently reached for the letter, trying not to sob, failing not to wet the little pink penmanship. Her daughter's handwriting was smearing as she released the tears. Archie grabbed Alice's hand, helping her into the Fred's truck. She hadn't even called Fp or Jughead. Oh god she didn't even think of alerting them. She was too focused on her daughter to even bother. Once she got the courage to open the letter, she slowly took in the words. It was all too much.