19: Counting Hours To (Show Off Time)

Chapter 19- Counting Hours To (Show Off Time)

Jughead was taking to a nearby hospital and extensively examined for any injures. The results showed that he had a broken leg and with two fractures split right down the middle of his leg. Jellybean was also checked over at the hospital. She had three cracks in her ribs; but she was going to be fine.

Alice found Fp staring at the hospital walls as she walked in to check on him. She hated how he looked and she was scared for his safety. She couldn't really drive around after her burns. Polly was thankfully in prison and her sentencing was set soon and she couldn't wait. It wasn't fair that her daughter turned against her but she didn't have any power to change that outcome. She just has to deal with the aftermath.

Later that night, Fp was woken by screams. He ran into the room to see Jughead screaming. "Hey buddy." He said softly as he knelt down by his son's bed. His son continued to scream his lungs off and thrusted, kicking and mumbling something very terrifying to his ears. "Mom slow down! Your going to kill me please slow down!" Fp frowned at the words. His son was truly petrified. Then he heard more words. But this time it was mimicked. "No baby! It's okay! We can leave together. Me and you just the two of us." His stomach dropped and he felt the churning in his stomach intensify. Gladsy's mission was to kill herself and Jughead. He never knew the true terror his son had been through during that time. "Jug." He tried again but still nothing.

Then abruptly his son was up, shaking and hyperventilating. He never had seen his son so scared in his life. Not even when Penny and the Ghoulies in his nightmare. He wrapped his arms around, shielding his son from the pain and horror at he had been through and experienced that night. "Daddy." It was weak but heard the muffled cry. "Shh, it's okay. Your safe. She can't hurt you anymore." He explained to his son softly and full of love. "Dad, can you sleep with me tonight? I just can't—" he just laid down next to his son. "Yes, Jug." He mumbled before closing his eyes.

In the morning sunshine, Alice rolled on to her back, placing a hand out expecting to feel a hard rock underneath, instead she didn't feel him or see. It was empty. She wondered where he wandered off to. Her feet paced through the carpeted hallways until she spotted quite a sight. Her heart melted, she was grateful she had her phone on her. She takes a quick photo on her phone, before slowly opening the door. There was Fp with his arms surrounding his son as his son's head was tucked into his side. She slowly hovers over them smiling before she exits the room to prepare some breakfast.

When she got to the kitchen, Betty was already making some pancakes."Oh hey mom." Her daughter yawned as she flipped the pancake onto the other side to make sure it was equally golden brown. Alice grabbed some orange juice from the fridge and poured herself a glass. "Morning Betty." She responsed back. Betty could tell her mother wasn't exactly up for the morning. "Mom go back to bed. You sound exhausted. And you look like you haven't slept in days." Betty strongly urged as she served the pancakes and brought them to the table. Alice wasn't in the mood to argue. She muffled a Okay before heading back to her bed.

A few mintutes later, Fp's eyes flutter open, drawing in all the sunlight from the drafty old windows. He turns off his side and lies flat on his back staring up at the ceiling. At the sightless movements he looked over to his side to see his son still curled into his side. He can't help staring at his son's face. His features looked just like him. His raven black hair, his jagged nose and his smirk he makes when he laughs. He holds in a snort thinking about the times he had to get the little boy to sleep. Nothing would work. But eventually letting him crawl into bed with his mother and him helped their sleepless nights. It didn't occur to him that his son wouldn't be able to sleep on his own. He didn't think his son would be magically okay. No he knew it would take time.