30: Hang Caution Tape

Chapter 30- Hang Caution Tape

In the devastating seconds as the pair cried together. Alice's screams started to able to be heard throughout the house. Betty heard ear piercing screams coming from Koel's room. She threw her blanket off of her and sprang out of her bed. Her heart was pounding like no tomorrow. What the hell was going on? She raced into the room as fast as her legs could carry her. She can just tell by the screams that it was far far from normal. She knows that's her mother.

"What's wrong?" She asks as she flicked the light switch on. She sees Fp's arms wrapped around her shaken mother.

Tears rolled down her mother's cheeks as she shook in Fp's arms. Jughead and Cheryl busted into the room and saw Alice's and his father's distraught feature. Something wasn't right.

A faint murmur escaped his father's mouth. "Jug, call Sheriff Keller. Koel has been taken."

Jughead felt the air being sucked out of his lungs. His windpipe crushed by the impact. He quickly snapped out his thoughts. His phone was on dial and he held his phone to his ear. Ringing tingled his eardrums as he waited for a beep.

"Hello, this is sheriff Keller."

"Sheriff Keller, Ko-el has been taken." His voice started to lower and his panic set in.

"I will be right there." And then the line went dead.

When he turned around, Alice was still rocking herself and his dad was calming her down. It seemed like the unimaginable came to the town of PEP. Betty tried to stop the tears and she couldn't. It was all too much. This wasn't fair.

Yellow "Do Not Cross" tape centered the area as the Jones's family stood in front their home. Sheriff Keller walked up to them and tipped his deputy hat to the side. Silence filled the once happy neighborhood. Jellybean stood next to her brother holding onto Koel's favorite stuffed animal, Shadow in her arms. She had her arms around the stuffed dog almost choking the anatinet object with her strength. Cheryl's eyes glossed as she looked at the house. The last fragment in her mind of her little brother was still fresh. He was so happy. His laugh brought smiles to her bitch-face. And it still didn't make any logical sense that someone would take Koel. He's only three-months-old. He still had a lot of life to live.

Questioning felt like hours for the Joneses family. A part of their family was missing. A huge piece of their heart was cracked in the middle. Police red and blue hazes blinded their eyes. Cars swarmed the area and helicopters hovered high up above. News reporters started demanding their questions. Alice wanted nothing but peace. She didn't know who took her son or where he was taken. Fp has some many questions. It wasn't an odd experience. This had been a deliberate act. And he was going to get to bottom of it.

November 5th, 2018- Day One- 2:30 A.M

Staring at broken shards lying on the carpet. Forensic Detectives scanned and analyzed every single spec on that carpet. Sheriff Keller took detailed reports as he walked through the piled breaking glass. He noticed that it was smashed with a rare type of tool. He looked down at the object in his gloved hand and turned it around. With a slight motion the iron's rust coated his white gloves.

Tom didn't know what happened. But what was known, it was a crime of passion. By the reports that damage was planned. Their plan or whom's plan was someone who knew the inside and out of this place. He took out the evidence bag and gather all the evidence and sealed it up tight. He took his gloves off and threw them into the waste bin. With one last look before getting into his squad, he knew that he had to find the kidnapper. He wasn't going to let another Jason Blossom or Black Hood slip through his fingers again. He wanted to prove that he could do what it takes to protect his town. The Riverdale as he once knew was long gone. It was time to restore his beloved town to its beauty.