The Turning Point

After reading the journal left by one of the Gilbert ancestors, Jeremy is inspired to return to his hobby of sketching fantasy creatures, a talent he had abandoned when his parents died. Much to the surprise of their friends, Matt and Caroline continue to hang out together. When Sheriff Forbes tells Damon there has been another attack, he offers to track down the killer and learns a startling piece of information about the towns founding families. Alaric steps in to help during an awkward scene with Jeremy, Tyler and Mayor Lockwood. Stefan and Elena come to a new understanding, but everything changes when Elena accidently makes a devastating discovery...

Elena's House

Jenna: Why are you here, Logan?

Logan: I missed you. I was out of town.

Jenna: Yeah, I got that email!

Logan: You got an email?

Jenna: You didn’t send an email?

Logan: I can explain. Just invite me in and I'll tell you everything.

Jenna: I’m not gonna invite you in. Forget it!

Logan: Come on Jenna. It’s me!

Jenna: The answer is no!

Logan: I know you. You’re always one step from “maybe”, a tiny nudge to “yes”

Jenna: You’ve just pointed it out that I have no self-control. Clever strategy!

Jenna closes the door and Logan is on the street

A neighbor: Good evening!

Logan looks at him. A woman jogs by and stops.

Daphne: hey, you’re the guy from the news, Logan Fell. I watch you every night. Well, I used to, I mean. You’ve been missing from my TV.

Logan: I took some time off. Daphne: I noticed. I’m Daphne.

Logan: Hey you know something, Daphne?

Daphne: No, what?

Logan bites her

House- Jeremy is reading his ancestor's diary.

“I live in fear. It consumes me. In the early evening when I see the sun begins fade,the fear comes because I know that the night brings death.”

Jeremy breaks out his old sketchbook and draws. Elena sees and smiles.

Elena walks downstairs.

Elena: Jeremy's got his sketch pad out

Jenna: You’re kidding?

Elena: Nope but don’t say a word. The minute we encourage him, he’ll put it away.

Jenna: Psychology major. Check that!

Elena looks at her phone.

Jenna: You and Stefan? Update?

Elena: He knows how I feel and where I stand and I know where he stands but it doesn’t matter. He’s leaving, moving away.

Jenna: Where is he going?