Pilot

It is four months after a tragic car accident killed the parents of 17-year-old Elena and her 15-year-old brother, Jeremy, who are still adjusting to their new reality and living with their Aunt Jenna. Elena finds some comfort with best friend Bonnie and frenemy Caroline, while trying to sort out her feelings for former boyfriend Matt, but Jeremy is hard-pressed to find the same comfort, hanging out with a bad crowd and trying to figure out why Matt's sister, Vicki, is suddenly rejecting him to be with his rival, Tyler. As the school year begins, Elena and her friends are fascinated by a handsome and mysterious new student, Stefan Salvatore. Stefan and Elena are immediately drawn to one another, but Elena doesn't realize that Stefan is hiding a dark, deadly secret - he is a Vampire. As Elena and Stefan get to know each other one night at a bonfire party, chaos erupts after Vicki is attacked and left bleeding from a savage bite to the neck.

Stefan jumped onto the roof of the Salvatore house, 'For over a century, i have lived in secret; hiding in the shadows, alone in the world. Until now. I am a vampire. And this is my story.

Darren and Brooke are driving their car on the road.

Darren: An hour's drive to hear that crap. You know, it wasn't even a band. A guy with a guitar. An hour each way.

Brooke: He wasn't that bad.

Darren: He sounded like James Blunt.

BrookeWhats wrong with that?

Darren: We already have a James Blunt. One's all we need

Brooke: So why did you come?

Darren: Because i love you!

Brooke: Nicely done. What's with all the fog?!

Darren: It'll clear in a second

Brooke: Watch out!!!!

They run over a man that fell from no where in the road,

Darren: Are you OK?

Brooke: We just hit someone! Oh my god!

Darren: Call for help! Now!

Brooke: Come on, come on!

Darren: Please be alive! Oh, my god. 

Darren shakes the body lying on the floor. The man suddenly wakes up and bites Darren on the neck.

Brooke: There's no signal! Darren! Darren? Brooke runs to where the body was and gets dragged up into the sky.

Stefan is in the woods 'I shouldn't have come home. I know the risk. But i had no choice. I have to know her!'

Elena is in her room writing in her diary. 'Dear diary, today will be different. It has to be. I will smile, and it will be believable. My smile will say "I'm fine, thank you." "Yes, i feel much better." will no longer be the sad little girl who lost her parents. i will start fresh, be someone new. It's the only way I'll make it through. sorry i'm getting tired so i will speak to you soon, night'

The Next day;

Jenna: Toast. I can make toast.

Elena: It's all about the coffee, Aunt Jenna.

Jeremy: Is there coffee?

Jenna: Your first day of school and i'm totally unprepared. Lunch money?