Bloodlines

Damon takes a trip to Georgia, where he surprises an old flame, Bree, and enlists her help to figure out how to open the tomb. In the process, Damon comes face to face with someone who is determined to make him pay for past wrongs. Stefan opens up to Grams in his effort to help Bonnie overcome her fears and accept her powers. While researching his history paper in the public library, Jeremy meets a cute but geeky girl named Anna who has her own theories on the folklore of Mystic Falls. When Damon returns from Goergia, Stefan is waiting with news that will change their world.

Stefan is holding the picture of Katherine and the necklace. He tries to call Elena, but gets her voicemail.

Stefan: Elena. It's Stefan. I know that this picture must have confused you. But I can explain. I need to explain. So, please, when you get this, call me.

Elena sees a man in the middle of the road. She slams on her brakes but hits the man. Her car rolls over and over. She is stuck in her seat. The man somehow recovers and starts walking towards her car. Elena screams. The man runs away. A second later, Damon appears.

Elena: Ah!

Damon: How ya doing in there?

Elena: Damon?

Damon: You look stuck.

Elena: It's my seatbelt. I can't get it.

Damon: Let me get you out of there. I want you to put your hands on the roof. Just like that. You ready? 1, 2, 3. I got you. [Damon picks up Elena.] Are you ok? Can you stand? Is anything broken?

ELENA: Uh-uh.

Damon puts Elena down but she can barely stand. Damon catchs her.

DAMON: Whoa, you're fading fast, Elena. Elena, look at me. Focus. Look at me. Ok.

ELENA: I look like her....

DAMON: What?

Elena faints. Damon grabs her and slowly puts her on the ground. He brushes her face with his hand.

DAMON: Upsy-daisy.

Damon picks her up and carries her off.

Alaric's Apartment

Alaric: (typing on his computer) I found one. After years of research and study, there it was right in front of me. I was terrified. As I stared it in the eyes, I drove a stake through its heart. I was right about Mystic Falls. There is evil here. I can sense it. Feel it. It's everywhere.

Alaric looks at a photo of a young woman.

FLASHBACK

Alaric kisses Isobel on the forehead. She wakes up.

Isobel: Ohhh. It's not even 7:00 yet.

Alaric: Which means you shouldn't be awake for at least 6 hours.

Isobel: I hate morning people.

Alaric: I'm going to be home late.

Isobel: I love you.

Alaric: I love you too.

In Damon's car. Elena wakes up.