History Repeating

Jeremy gets a break from the mysterious new history teacher, Alaric Saltzman and introduces Alaric to Jenna. Bonnie is having terrifying dreams about one of her ancestors. Despite Elena's efforts to smooth things over, Bonnie and Caroline continue to argue over the medallion. When the girls have a seance to help them decide what to do, Matt comes to Caroline's aid when she needs a friend. Damon finally reveals to Stefan the stunning reason he returned to Mystic Fals

In class. Bonnie is trying not to fall asleep.

Teacher: Today we're going to talk about shadow reckoning. This is a method of measuring heights by the sun's shadow. Let's say for example that we're going to measure the distance of the shadow.We're gonna take this measure here, measure the length, and we're going to multiply that by the height of the source. Building height can also be measured, using a clenomator, which we're going to make in class tomorrow.

Bonnie sees something in the hallway. She gets up and follows it. It's her ancestor, Emily.

Bonnie: Hello?

She follows Emily out of the double doors and is now in the old graveyard/church ruins. Emily is there.

Emily: Please help me.

Bonnie: Who are you?

Emily: I'm Emily. You know that. We're family.

Bonnie: Where am I?

Emily: This is where it started. And this is where it has to end.

Bonnie: No this isn't real.

Bonnie tries to run but Emily keeps blocking her way.

Emily: Help me.

Bonnie wakes up and gasps. She's in class. Everyone looks at her.

Bonnie: What are you looking at? Turn around.

She sees Emily sitting beside her, screams and wakes up in the graveyard.

Mystic Falls High

Elena and Caroline are walking to school.

Elena: Have you even talked to Bonnie?

Caroline: No I'm mad at her. She needs to make the first move.

Elena: Be the bigger person.

Caroline: Impossible in her presence.

Elena: Why are you so pissed at her anyway?

Caroline: She's a thief. That's why. I gave her my necklace, and she refuses to give it back. It's a matter of principle.

Elena: All right. Well, I tried. I'm officially out of it.

Caroline: Good. Your turn. Where's Stefan? Have you talked to him?

Elena: He's avoiding me.

Caroline: Why?

Elena: It's complicated. I'll see you later.

Caroline: Bye.

Elena leaves. Matt and Caroline pass each other.

Matt: Hey.

Caroline: Hey