You're Undead to Me

Stefan is hopeful that his plan to get rid of Damon is working, and decides to reveal parts of his past to Elena. Meanwhile, Elena and Jenna are concerned about Jeremy's relationship with Vicki. At a fundraising car wash, Bonnie is surprised by abilities she didn't know she possessed, and seeks advice from her grandmothe. Finally, Elena hears a disturbing story about the Salvatore family from a stranger.

Salvatore's Cellar.

Damon: Where is my ring?

Stefan: Won't be needing it anymore.

Damon: How long have I been here?

Stefan: Three days.

Damon: What are you doing?

Stefan: During the dark ages when a vampire's actions threatened to expose or bring harm upon the entire race, they would face judgment. They sought to reeducate them rather than to punish them.

Damon: You know what will happen if I don't... Feed on blood.

Stefan: You'll grow weaker and weaker. Eventually you won't be able to move or speak. In a week your skin will desiccate, and you'll mummify. A living corpse. Unable to hurt anyone. Ever.

Damon: So what, you're just going to leave me in the basement, forever?

Stefan: I've injected you with enough vervain to keep you weak. Once your circulation stops, I'll move you to the family crypt, and then in 50 years, we can reevaluate.

Damon: I'm stronger than you think.

Stefan: You always have been. But you're not stronger than the vervain. And we both know it. I'm sorry. It didn't have to be this way.

Elena's house.

Elena is waking up and goes to the bathroom. She meets Vicki.

Vicki: I--I'm sorry, I'm almost done.

Elena: It's--it's ok. Take your time.

Elena leaves and Vicki goes to Jeremy's room.

Vicki: I think you might be in trouble.

Jeremy: What did you do?

Vicki: Oh, Elena saw me.

Jeremy: I'm a drug-using delinquent. A girl in bed doesn't really rank. Sorry.

Elena finds Jenna in the kitchen.

Elena: Jenna! Are you aware of what's going on upstairs?

Jenna: Uh-huh.

Elena: And you have no objection?

Jenna: He could be craftier about it, at least make an effort to sneak her in and out. Oh, and just so you know, I won't be home for dinner.

Elena: Oh, so you're actually going to do it. You're gonna go out with Logan.

Jenna: I'm going to show up and torture him, yes. And have you heard from Stefan?

Elena: Not since he left that very vague message three days ago. "Hi, um, Elena, I, um, have something I have to do. I'll, uh, explain in a few days."