The Night of The Comet

As Mystic Falls prepares for a festival to celebrate the passing of the comet, Vicki is still in hospital, recovering from the attack she can barely remember.stefan goes to the hospital and tries to use his abilities to make sure Vicki doesn't remember what really happened, but his attempt is cut short when Vicki's brother, Matt, arrives. Jeremy continues to struggle at school and with his feeling for Vicki. At a parent/teacher conference, Mr Tanner makes Aunt Jenna feel that she is failing as a surrogate parent, especially when it comes to Jeremy. Elena decides to go to the Salvatore house to talk to Stefan, but finds his charming brother, Damon, instead. Damon reveals some surprising information about Stefans past, and when Stefan arrives home, Elena is confused and embarressed to realize that he isn't happy to see her there. Meanwhile, Vicki's memory of the attack begins to come back to her.

A man and a woman are camping in the forest. Fog descends around the tent.

Woman: Hey. Did you hear that?

Man: Hear what?

Woman: I heard thunder.

Man: There's no thunder.

Woman: Are you sure? Because if it rains, then we won't be able to see the comet.

Man: It's not gonna rain. Listen, I. . .got you a little something. It's back in the car. Don't you move.

Woman: Stay dry.

Man: It's not gonna rain.

A dripping noise pounds on the tent.  

Woman: I knew it! I told you it was gonna rain!

She sees her boyfriend up in a tree. His blood dripping on the tent. She runs to the car.

Woman: Open! No! Please!

The car beeps as the doors unlock. The woman looks around nervously. Someone drops from the trees and kills her.

Elena's house/Salvatore boarding house.

Elena: Dear diary, this morning is. . .different. There is change. I can sense it, feel it.  

Stefan: I'm awake. For the first time in a long time, I feel completely and undeniably wide awake.

Elena: For once, I don't regret the day before it begins.

Stefan: I welcome the day. . .

Stefan/Elena: Because I know. . .

Stefan: I will see her again.

Elena: I will see him again. For the first time in a long time, I feel good.

Elena goes out of her room.

Jenna: Do I look adult? As in respectfully parental?

Elena: Depends on where you're going.

Jenna: Jeremy's parent-teacher conference. Hair up or down?

Jenna puts her hair up.

Elena: Sexy stewardess.

Jenna lets it down.

Elena: Boozy housewife.