Fifty - Linkin

"You know, I appreciate it that he helped me and all, but," I cut myself off as I ducked under the arm of Yulian and he swung for me. "But Stewie is seriously asking too much." I huffed as I brought my fists back up, getting my feet under me as Yulian and I sparred. There was something therapeutic talking to the one person who didn't understand me, even more so as we threw punches at each other on the grassy hill of Spain.

Yulian motioned for me to come at him again and once again we were at it. My chest rose and I let out sharp breaths with every jab forward. Yulian was a good fighter, better than me and I was lucky I wouldn't feel the bruises. Part of me wondered if he remembered I was in a car crash because he was certainly not taking it easy on me. "I mean, haven't we already tried this and- ow!" I cursed as Yulian hit me in the jaw.

"Sorry!" Yulian's defence fell and I jabbed him in the side making him wince. "What was that?"

I shrugged, bringing my fists up once again. "That hurt, and that's me saying that." He rolled his eyes, not bothering to attempt to reply again in English and we continued once, my rant resumed with it. "We tried to take down Dell Island and we only ended up caught again. This is like some sick cycle and it is like no one else sees it." It felt good to work off my anger because I had so much to be angry about.

What I didn't realize was Yulian's English wasn't all that bad, "It's different now," he objected, ducking down and swinging his leg around to take out mine. All I could do is let out a cry as I fell to my ass and Yulian was on top of me in seconds, his fist raised for a second before he added in, "You talk too much. Distracted."

I rolled my eyes as Julian rolled over of me and neither of us moved from the ground as we attempted to catch my breath. "Ya, well..." I didn't have a reply so I stuck my tongue out at him.

He laughed and shrugged. "Not wrong," he defended himself, but he wasn't, about anything.

"So what if things are different now? I don't want to go back to them, I don't want to be a puppet again. Thierry and I already had a deal that he'd kill me if I was to get caught on Dell Island, and he failed. I am not going back again. If I have to be on the run the whole time, then fine." I was speaking too fast and between the gasps from trying to fill my lungs, Yulian simply shook his head saying he didn't understand. It was probably better. "Okay, I get it, I'm over thinking things and Stuart already said that I'm not on the frontlines, but you and Ira are."

"We can fight," he reminded me.

That I didn't doubt. "But should we?"

"It's right." Evidently even in English, Yulian knew I was wrong, selfish. "Ready?"

I sighed and nodded as Yulian pushed himself up off the grass and offered me his hand, "So what? I'm now Penelope Garcia? Sitting behind a computer, hacking into stuff." I paused to frown as Yulian stared at me in confusion and I continued to mutter to myself, "No, I'm worse. I don't even get a pretty office with cool things. Stuart never did get me the equipment I asked for."

Yulian shook his head, not even trying to follow my ramblings. "Shush," he attempted to silence me, wanting to go another round.

I titled my head, my arms hanging beside me, "How am I supposed to figure out if we're human without that stuff? Humans can be fixed, but a new species?" I pulled my sweaty hair down from its ponytail and let it hang down, "There's no cure for me if we're not human, if we truly are deviations."

"What?" Yulian finally objected and shook his head.

Waving him off, I took a step back. "I think I'm done," I said, making sure I spoke clear enough so he would understand me and it was hard to blame him for being disappointed. "I'm sorry," I added in.

He grunted and waved me off, starting to pick up the different items that were littered around: pens, paper, sweaters. I turned around and froze seeing Thierry leaning against one of the columns on the back patio, watching us with a solemn expression. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No."

"Tina, there's nothing wrong with you. You don't need to fix yourself. You're perfect the way you are." Thierry pushed off of the pillar and came to meet me halfway.

"You have to say that," I grumbled, keeping my eyes on the ground.

He stopped in front of me, "If you were a monster if any of you were, do you think Stuart and I would stay around? I'd put a bullet in your brain myself and not lose any sleep." I held up a hand to hit him, and he raised his arms in defence. "What I mean is that it doesn't matter if you're human. You are who you are, you might not have asked for it, but it is who you are. Who you all are. It's okay to struggle with that, but no matter how much you fight it, you run from all of this, it is still going to be a part of you."

Staring up at Thierry and his concerned and love-filled eyes, I didn't know what to say to him. He was fairytale perfect and I didn't deserve him. "I like Yulian better," I sighed, "he just shuts up and lets me run from my problem."

Thierry grinned, wrapping an arm around my shoulder, then pulling his arm back with a grimace. "You're gross. Go shower."

"And you love me why again?"

"Honestly, I couldn't tell you," Thierry teased me and this time, he did get hit for it which only made him laugh. We didn't need to talk about it anymore, the decision was made. We were going to fight the Oasis Project; I just hoped history wouldn't repeat itself.