Under the weight of the world

The undertaker came to take the remains of Jane-Anne. Kol refused to listen to Sophie and insisted to be there with her. She agreed unwillingly. But at the cemetery, she had asked him to stand outside of it. He watched from the distance how she prepared the place for the spell so Jane-Anne's spirit could rest in peace. Tears were rolling down Sophie's eyes as she was whispering the words that sounded more like a song than something witchy. For a very long time he had not felt anything so deep, with so much compassion. It felt like a door of his humanity opened that was cemented away a very long time ago. He hated pain, and he hid it underneath the veil of anger and violence. His family being so disfunctional touched him immensely and he never knew how to cope with it.

When he saw Sophie break down as she knelt down on tomb, he ran to her and knelt down embracing her warmly. Now she only wanted some comfort, even though she was in vampire's arms.

___

After finishing the writing, Elena went to lay down for a moment. It was actually that she wanted to be in Elijah's room. She was missing him more than she initially realized she would. Jane-Anne's death enhanced the horrific feeling that she might not see him again. She felt the urge to go over to the house where his body layed and undagger him. She looked at the claddagh. In an instant she found herself in the street, not letting anyone know that she had left the house. She took Rebekah's car and started driving. A strange feeling of anxiety occupied her heart. Something wasn't right and she felt it. It was like his blood in her was calling her to him.

_________

In a bar not far from the house, now a new hangout of the gang, Matt and Tyler asked for drinks.

"I left and the whole world turns upside down..."- Tyler said to his friend- "you're coping pretty good..."

"Caroline showed me the ropes..."- Matt said- "... I get my sister now..."

"But hooking up with Katherine...now that was wicked..."- Tyler remarked.

"She is on fire... I get now how the Salvatores got so into her!"- Matt continued.

"They say that when you turn your personality only gets enhanced...but, dude, it worked the other way around it... you are the wild one, and it looks like I am tamed... glad to be with you guys... "

"How did you survive man?... I don't get why they are they killing werewolves too?!"- Matt asked.

"Liv told me that they want to be the dominant species...and the werewolves that won't join them they just kill..."- Tyler said-" they managed to mess up an Original..."

"I didn't get how crazy some witches are...A scratch has made Damon badly..."- Matt said and took a shot of tequila.

They both flinched when Caroline entered the bar. She stared at both of them., then she walked to the bar and ordered a drink for herself.

"For Jane-Anne!"- she took the glass and sipped it down.Then she looked at Tyler and said- "How was Canada...? Why did you leave...? You could have at least said goodbye...?!"

Matt could feel the tension rise like wildfire, and he opted to go and play pool.

"I had to... for some strange reason I couldn't shift back into the human form a little while...so I just left and ended up in Canada!"

"Right...good excuse!... "- and she left it at that, which was shocking to him that she had nothing else to add.

"I didn't answer your calls...cos I didn't know what to tell you... It was clear to me that Klaus must still be alive, since I was still me..."

"I have to go!"- she then said abruptly not wanting to hear more excuse and left. 

When she got out of the bar, she felt that something about Tyler wasn't right. She shook the thought off and tried to concentrate on something else so she wouldn't have to deal with what she was feeling right at that moment. She wanted to go back, but then she saw Katherine coming her way and it was a great moment to lay into someone more.