The rhythm of the night

Rebekah cheered as finally she and Damon won the little tournament. Katherine would have gladly rip all that blonde hair out of the Original vampiress, but she kept her cool somehow.  

Stefan shot the last of his drink and put the cue away, ready to leave. 

"You can't leave just now Stefan!"- Damon wanted to play more. 

For him it was fun to see the way Katherine and Rebekah battled every shot out trying to outdo one another when they actually had to use less or none of their speed and power.

But Stefan's emotional lever again moved drastically and he now wanted to be by himself. Damon always was the effort arm, but Stefa just had enough.

"Come on then... these two will think we are the absolute bore-" 

"I really don't care..."- Stefan said. 

"You can come and see my new house!...a house-warming party is just what you two need...I will even invite this blond cheater here!" 

Rebekah was seething but the announcement that Katherine got a house made everyone open their eyes wide. 

"A house?!"- Damon said- "since when do you play small town?" 

"Why not...someone's brother here is out of this world..." 

"That does it!"- and Rebekah charged now at Katherine holding her by the neck and if both Damon and Stefan didn't intervene this would have been Katherine's last moment in this world. 

"Now what did we say about the rules of the game?!"- Damon reminded them. 

Rebekah moved away. She could never stand Katherine, but there has never been a legimitate reason why. It was once again Klaus' doing, drumming into Rebekah's head that Katherine was the ultimate enemy. 

"You better start compelling everyone here"- Damon said to Rebekah- "cos Sheriff Forbes is on her way!" 

Rebekah did as he suggested. When Liz had arrived, everything seemed to be fine. Just a misunderstanding. 

"We are about to leave..."- Stefan said- "the guy had a few too many drinks and Damon sorted it!" 

"Right"- Liz said doubting that it was anything like that but she knew that it had been vampires business.She looked at Damon, who told her not to worry and that all is under control. 

"I think it is best you leave the Grill!"- Liz said and went away. 

"And so..."- Damon looked at Katherine- "show us your new little picked fenced house!" 

Rebekah left the Grill and went back to the Boarding house. Stefan followed her as he didn't wish to stick around Katherine. 

Damon's curiosity was bigger than anything, and so he followed Katherine to her new Mystic Fall's home.

**** 

As Jeremy left the Mikaelson Mansion, Elena went into the woods to look for Elijah. she was concerned for him. Although she has witnessed his cruel side, and then one that could distance himself from pain, she also knew that he was caring and that all mattered to him, that he now was helpless and that he was to depend on someone else. 

Her eyes ajusted to the night like it does to all nocturnal beings of this world. Instinctively she focused on the sounds around trying to locate him. 

'Listen to your heart'- she thought she heard a voice say. She closed her eyes and then she could see where he was.  

"The caves!"- she utterd- "I should have known!- she hurried to find him now.