Through the Looking Glass

Elena scrubbed down the herbal scent off of her. She enjoyed the tepid water falling down on her, making her feel relaxed and fresh. She felt as if she walked through days of  horrific nightmare and couldn't wake up although her whole body was clawing constantly wanting to get out of the state it was in. Her thoughts were racing like wildfire. All she said and had done before  the accident, felt like she walked through a looking glass, and left one world behind her. She rinsed off her hair. She got out of the shower and looked at herself in the mirror.  

"Hello Elena- she said to herself, the hazelnut eyes sparkled with new-found freeness. Elijah's blood was bound with hers, the thought crossed her mind now. It wasn't anything like those she was fed by the Salvatores,  this one was potent, too powerful to be defeated or overcome. She wasn't anymore a hopeless girl, but now a bold and decisive woman. 

She smiled a little. Then put a fresh robe on and went to her room to get dressed.

As Sophie had left to get some errands. Jeremy and Elijah were left by themselves and the discussion about what had happened and why they left Jeremy in the dark ensued. Eijah enjoyed Jeremy's feisty nature. He appreciated the protective streak in him concerning Elena.

"It was wiser to do so at the time."- Elijah concluded. 

"And-noone really knows what happpened with Alaric?!" 

"Bonnie is nowhere to be found. The last person to see her was Damon. She must have my brother's body. She also couldn't have done this on her own. I suspect, whoever poisoned Elena, has something to do with Bonnie's disappearance. As for Rebekah- she is hiding. She knows that I will not be happy with the fact that she tried to kill Elena." -Elijah explained.

"Suddenly you care about Elena?!"- Jeremy sifted followed with an angry huff. He was not afraid of the ancient vampire.

"As a matter of fact, I do."- Elijah replied not taking notice of the young Gilbert and his obvious dislike.

Elena walked up to both of them now. She could hear their conversation and made it known to them.

"It works already?"- Jeremy asked- "how do you feel?" 

"Fine." -Elena said chirpily acting like there was nothing to it.  

Elijah feared that the crescendo of the feelings and the awarness of what really happened to her was yet to come.  

"Where is the witch?"- she then inquired. 

"She will be back."- Elijah replied.

"Do you know anything about Alaric?"- the brunette continued with the quiz.

"No!"- he replied taking a deep breath-"I will be stepping out now for a few hours, as I need to see what news there is!?" 

" I will go and see everyone. Noone wants to tell me what had happened to Matt?! Is that why Stefan left?" -Elena looked at them both.

"Caroline Forbes called. Something is in the matter."- Elijah said. 

"Jer, come on!"- Elena said and they all left the house. Before they got into their cars, the doppelganger gave Elijah a look that said that there is a talk pending.

He just nodded to her, indicating that there is time for that.

****

In the Boarding House, Stefan received a message that Elena and Jeremy were on their way.

"Huh"- Caroline exclaimed- "she recovered real quick!" 

In their world this should not have been a great shock, but Caroline wasn't particularily looking forward to a clash with the doppelganger, whether she was the old or new Elena. But curiosity was always something that dominated over everything when she was concerned, so thought that better take it all on.