Chapter 10: The First Long Break! Part 1.

Author's Note:
Hello my readers, welcome the 10th chapter of Raditz Childhood!
Can you believe it?
10 is a rather large number and I'm happy that I made it so far, not to mention I plain to have more chapters after this too.
Hopefully you readers are excited as well.

Chapter 10: The First Long Break! Part 1.

(Pov Raditz)

"Morning Raditz."

I turn to see Turles, I greet him with a small smile and short wave.
"Sleep well?"
I nod and gesture to him with my hand.
"Me? Well I'm still a bit tired but I'll get over it."

Just then the general walks in signalling the start of roll call.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"That concludes roll call, now it's time for the announcements." Booms the general. "As most of us have realised, three and a half months have passes and most of you lot should know what that means. As for newer recruits that don't know, there is a extended 2 week break that happens because you weaklings are too pathetic to go too long without one."

The room erupts in noise.
I look at Turles to see him smirking. He seems to notice me looking and turns to me.
"You excited? We're getting our break, do you think it starts today or tomorrow?" Turles asks.

"SILENTS!" Commands the glaring general. After the room is quiet again he continues. "Because of this work today will be cancelled and everyone excluding a select few will have to go to the front gates. The adult's are free to walk home on their own, but everyone who isn't an adult has to wait to be picked up."

A few groups here and there start talking again.

"Did I say you weaklings can speak?" Booms the general thrashing his tail into the wall. "As I was about to say, your appointed guardian have already been informed and will be arriving some time today. I expect you all to go grab any belongings you brought with you and leave. And I expect for you kids to wait at the front gates to be picked up. Dismissed."

Everyone then files out of the room heading back to the dorms, but I walk straight to the front gates instead.

"Hey Raditz, don't you want to grab your stuff?" Turles asks.

I shake my head and continue walking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(At the front gates)

Right now I'm sitting on a bolder waiting and thinking. I wonder if my Father is actually going to pick me up, it could be my mother though.

"Hey what was that about?"

I turn to see Turles holding a moderate sized bag.

"You didn't have to rush off so quickly, even if you didn't have any stuff to grab you could have waited for me or something." Turles complained.

Was I supposed to do that? Oh hell have I already screwed up my first friendship? I can't believe it, my first friendship and I already screwed it up.

"H-hey, don't look so down, I didn't mean to be so harsh." Turles smiles softly.

"Sorry." I plead.

"Apology accepted." Turles responds with bigger smile uncoiling his tail.

I give a small smile back and Turles sits next to me.

"I wonder when my old man plans to pick me up? The general said all our parents already know, but he did also say they'd get here some time today, potentially that could mean we could be waiting here all day." Turles exclaims.