CHAPTER ELEVEN : THE PLAN

Rosetta and the rest of them made their way to the Scout Headquarters. When they got there, all the scouts apart from those posted at the guard stations were there. There was absolute chaos. And in the middle of it all stood Nyx. Hands gripping the sides of the table and looking at the map of Pixie Hollow in front of her. Her brows were slightly furrowed. Pearl stood beside her and looked at Nyx with concern.

Nyx looked up as Rosetta and the rest of them entered. She smiled at them. Rosetta offered a kind smile in return.

"Hi Nyx. What's the plan?" asked Tinkerbell asked with determination.

"Tinkerbell, I'm happy to see you here...you all.." Nyx said as she looked at all of them. "The plan is simple, we have groups of 5 with 4 scout fairies in each. We start at the river and we fan outwards. We will then set up checkpoints every 5 miles with 2 scouts posted at each checkpoint. We will have 10 additional scout fairies with each group. We are hoping to set up 5 checkpoints per group. With 25 checkpoints we should have some amount of the forest area covered. A day's worth of pixie dust can only take you so far, we have an estimated area we need to search in" Nyx said as she pointed at the map on the table with a neatly drawn circle. "Any questions?" Nyx looked at the lot.

"Simple" Rosetta said with wide eyes.

"Why the forest?" asked Iridessa. "Fawn could be anywhere".

"There's a wolf alert. And Fawn happens to disappear. And her being an animal fairy, I think it's safe to assume she's where the wolf is" Nyx said.

They all nodded their heads.

"Where do we come in?" Tinkerbell asked.

"We need you here, to man the Headquarters. Since most of our scouts will be out and the rest at their posts, someone has to stay here and direct the groups on the ground" Nyx said while motioning to Pearl.

Pearl came and stood beside Nyx.

"This is Pearl, she will take you up to Communications. For missions over long distances, we communicate through morse code" Nyx nodded for Pearl to guide them.

Nyx turned back to address one of the scouts as Pearl flew up towards the top of the tree where the headquarters was based. Tink and the rest of them followed.

"This is one of the tallest trees in Pixie Hollow. From here we are able to see almost all of it. It's a good vantage point". Pearl said as she gestured toward the little room tucked in the leaves.

"This is Belarus, she is our best morse code translator" Pearl introduced the scout fairy sitting at the table.

"How does all of this work?" Tink asked as she looked around and saw the whole room lined with smaller mirrors at various angles.

"We use the rotating mirror at the top of the tree, supported by smaller rotating mirrors in this room to reflect light in morse code. We have about 20 fireflies for the night shift and we use the sun during the day of course" Belarus explained with excitement in her eyes.

*********************

After the quick tour of the rest of the Headquarters, all the fairies made their final checks before embarking on the search and rescue mission. Everyone was on edge.

"Don't you think we should be doing more to help?" Vidia asked Nyx.

"Fawn is out there, alone and scared. We should help look for her" Tinkbell added.

"I know everyone is worried, I am too" Nyx paused for a bit. She knew she was worried but she never acknowledged how much until she admitted it out loud. She took a deep breath. "The forest is dangerous, and unwelcoming. We need to focus all our energy on Fawn, that's why only the best scout fairies are chosen. And I don't want you to put yourself in harms way" Nyx said to the fairies.

"Let me bring her back" Nyx said as though she was making a promise and asking them to trust her.

"Okay" Tink said while the rest of them nodded.

*******************

After everything was checked, the scout fairies made their way towards the river in their respective groups.

"Goodluck" Rosetta said to Nyx.

Nyx nodded in return. She led her group towards the starting point. Her brows were a little furrowed and her face showed determination.

"I'll bring her home" Nyx said to herself.