CHAPTER NINE : THE MORNING AFTER

Fawn woke up to the sound of knocking on the door. She looked over to the other side of the bed to find it empty. The knocking continued.

"Fawn are you in there?" The voice from the other side said.

Fawn couldn't make out the voice. She was still very sleepy. She got up with great difficulty and opened the door. It was Tink and Rosetta and the rest of the crew.

"Goodmorning sleepy head!" Tink said as she made her way inside.

"Did you sleep okay, Sugar?" Rosetta said.

They all made their way inside.

"We heard about the wolf situation last night. We didn't see you there" Silvermist said.

Fawn was still grogy. But bits and pieces of yesterday were coming back.

"Yeah I was busy" Fawn said through a yawn. She remembered Nyx waiting for her with flowers. And slowly she remembered afterwards. And she started to blush.

That's when Nyx walked in from the bathroom. With a leaf, drying her hair. Nyx saw the rest of them and froze. Everyone else froze as well. Even Fawn.

"Hey...." Nyx said weakly.

"Hi..." Tink said in return. With a little wave.

They all looked at Fawn. Who was still blushing.

"We didn't know you had company. We should go" Iridessa said as she pushed the others to the door.

"No it's fine. Stay. I have to go to work anyway" Nyx said. She looked at Fawn and smiled. "See you later" Nyx said as she left.

After Nyx left. Everyone looked at Fawn.

"You and Nyx?!" Tink asked Fawn.

Fawn only smiled in return.

"I thought you said that she was insufferable?" Tink asked mockingly.

"I know. But then we got to know each other and now i really like her" Fawn blushed.

"Well you must 'really' like her if she stayed the night" Iridessa said. At which Fawn blushed even harder.

"I think what we're all tryna say here is that we're happy for you Sugar" Rosetta said looking at the other fairies.

"Thanks Rosetta" Fawn smiled gratefully at her.

"We were going to hang out by the lake. Do you want to come along? " Silvermist asked.

" That sounds like a great idea. I'll meet you all there" Fawn said.

They all left and Fawn freshened up. She took some extra food with her.

'I'll take some for Nyx since she didn't have breakfast' Fawn thought to herself.

She made her way to the scout headquarters.

"Fawn, so nice to see you" Pearl said.

"Hey, is Nyx around? " Fawn asked her. She couldn't remember the fairy's name so she just smiled.

"Fawn" Nyx said.

Fawn didn't hear Nyx come in. She turned around to find her standing behind her. Back straight, no smile. Maybe she shouldn't have come here.

"Uh Nyx. Hi..I uh got you some breakfast" Fawn said uncomfortably.  She didn't know what she should say with the other fairy standing there listening to them. She handed the smaller basket to Nyx.

Nyx smiled at the gesture. "Thank you, I'm starving" Nyx took the basket from her and kissed her on the cheek.

Fawn just stood there with her eyes wide. And so did Pearl.

"What did your friends want this morning?" Nyx asked. Already eating from the basket.

"They were going down to the lake. They asked me to go with" Fawn said watching Nyx eat.

"It's nice around the lake at this time" Nyx said. " I hope they weren't too shocked to see me this morning"

"They were very surprised" Fawn said with a laugh.

They both laughed. Pearl was still standing there, shocked.

"I must go. See you later" Fawn said as she left.

Nyx turned around to find Pearl looking at her in shock. Nyx raised her eyebrow at her.

"Nothing" Pearl said as she rushed out of the room.