That Unforgettable Smile

"Cause all of me loves all of you,

love your curves and all your edges,

all your perfect imperfections"

~ John Legend, All of Me

Todoroki raised his head in curiosity as he stared at you with a confused expression. Gripping your skirt, your heart rate shot through the roof as your palms became clammy. 'Why am I doing this? I should've stayed quiet,' you thought as your cheeks heated up.

"What is it?"

"I... I have feelings for you."

His expression didn't falter, "What do you mean?"

"I don't know... when I'm around you, I feel complete. I can't describe it... I think I-"

"Love?"

Your eyes widened as he blurted out the word that you was looking for. 'Did he know all this time?' His expression softened and a small smile formed on his lips. Even though he didn't smile much, it brought an indescribable warmth to your heart. He held eye contact with you as your nervousness and anxiety peaked through the roof.

"How did you-"

"I feel the same way around you too," he said in an almost whisper.

"W-what do you-"

"I think... I like you. No... I love you (L/n) (F/n)."

Your breathing hitched as those words flowed out his mouth. You couldn't believe it. 'There is NO WAY he has feelings for me. NO WAY!' Shaking your head in disbelief, a perplexed expression crossed his face. 'Even if he did like me, he would've never confessed first.'

"Shouto-chan... are you-"

"I would never lie to you, (F/n)-chan."

You've never felt your cheeks heat up so much in your life. A satisfying feeling washed over you as your mouth was agape from the shock of it all. Returning to your calm composure, your heartbeat raced as he stared at you. He still seemed a little confused. The room filled with awkward tension as you avoided eye contact. 'How in the world am I supposed to branch off into a conversation after a confession?' He remained silent as the waiter brought us the food. You quietly thanked him and dug into the food. Todoroki ate his soba, savoring every single noodle. His expression seemed... sad? 'Why the sudden mood change?'

"Is every-"

"I'm fine," he cut you off harshly.

He looked away and ate his food as his expression didn't falter. 'Was it something I said? I know that he can sometimes have mood changes but... why all of a sudden?' A chill ran down your spine as something quickly passed by the window. Squinting your eyes, you see a pair of icy blue eyes look into your (e/c) ones as the blur passed. Rubbing your eyes, you saw nothing there. 'That's... strange. Maybe I'm so nervous that my eyes are playing tricks on me.'

After finishing and paying for your meals, you and Todoroki walked out of the restaurant. The same expression remained on his face as before. His heterochromatic eyes gazed at the pavement as he released a sigh. 'Something is definitely wrong.'

"Stop playing games. What is the problem?"

"Nothing."

"BULLSHIT! You've been wearing the same sad expression ever we talked," you furrowed your (h/c) brows.

"Don't worry about it," he harshly spat out as he turned around.

You clench your jaw in anger at Todoroki's cold attitude. 'What the fuck is his problem?' Charging toward him, you suddenly realized why he may be mad. Your expression softened as you hung your head down. 'Did he... just want me to say I love you back?' Raising your head, you cleared your throat. This attracted Todoroki's attention as he stopped in his tracks.