Old Friends and Old Enemies

"In the land of gods and monsters,
I was an angel.
Living in the garden of evil,
Screwed up, scared, doing anything that I needed.
Shining like a fiery beacon"

~ Lana Del Rey

6 YEARS AGO

You were wandering around the supermarket, desperately looking for the freshly made dangos. You recently came back to Japan to visit your uncle for a couple of weeks. Without looking, you bumped into a boy, nearly knocking him over.

"I'm so, so sorry! I wasn't watching my step," you bowed as your eyes met with his unique purple ones with white irises.

"It's fine," the male huffed, running his fingers through his purple, unkempt hair.

Something drew you towards him and you didn't know why. You continued to stare into his mysterious eyes. The room soon faded to black. 'What the hell is going on?' It was just you and him in a blank room.

"Are you afraid of me?"

"No. Why would I be scared of you," you questioned.

His eyes widened a bit and his curiosity piqued, "Why aren't you scared of me?"

"I mean, you're a really cute guy. You don't seem like a harmful person," he blushed at your comment.

You blinked and the room went back to normal. You looked around the room perplexed by what just happened. You turned to the boy to find him leaving. You ran after the boy, forgetting all about the dangos you wanted so bad. You grabbed his hand, causing him to turn around and face you.

"What happened back there?"

"I used my quirk on you," he said nonchalantly.

"Huh?"

"My quirk is able to mind control people who talk to me."

"What? That's so cool," the purple-headed boy was shocked at your compliment.

"You think so? People usually say my quirk is on the villainous side...," he trailed off, looking away.

"Well, those people are stupid."

"Wha-"

" They're stupid . A quirk can't be villainous or heroic. It's the quirk user who is either of those two," you said in a serious tone.

"So, you think I could become a hero if I want-"

"Of course you can! Just put your heart into it," you smiled, seeing his expression changed to a more content state.

"I see... You're not like other people," he said, sitting down on the street corner.

"Say, you never told me your name... My name is (L/n) (F/n)," you said, sitting alongside him.

"My name is Shinsou Hitoshi," he grinned a little, showing off his pearly teeth.

You talked to Shinsou for awhile about different subjects like cats, school, and food. You enjoyed his company, even though he clearly stated that he didn't want to make any friends. You shrugged off his statement and called him 'Toshi-chan'. A light pink dusted his cheeks whenever you said it, but he didn't seem to mind it.

"What did you come for in the supermarket," his question finally made you remember the dangos you craved.

"Oh! I really wanted some dangos but I couldn't find any. I would've been happy with just one," you sighed as you watched the cars pass by.