The Wonders and Mishaps of Dorm Life

"When I talk to my friends so quietly

Who he think he is? Look at what you did to me
Tennis shoes don't even need to buy a new dress
If you ain't there, ain't nobody there to impress
It's the way that you know what I thought I knew
It's the beat my heart skips when I'm with you"

~ Beyonce, Crazy in Love

It's been about a month since you've been attending U.A. Thanks to Yamada and his great convincing skills, you're finally moving into the student dorms today. You took your Provisional License Exam not too long ago and passed. Everyone, especially your family, was so proud that you passed. You were assigned to do rescue missions during the exam with Uraraka, Iida, Ashido, and others. Even though you really wanted to face the villain, you were fine with it the task assigned to you. Unfortunately, Todoroki didn't pass. You spent a couple of days with him after school, assuring him that mistakes are fine and that he will pass next time. He would take his exam in late April, so you still had hope for him. That feeling that you get around him only grew more as the days passed and you were still confused. Meanwhile, there has been rumors going around that the Yakuza has teamed up with the League of Villains. The pro heroes have been working on the case, but they haven't attacked yet.

You groaned, placing the last box in the hauling truck. Today was the day that you would move into the student dorms. 'Why is everything so damn heavy?!' Aizawa helped you move the boxes and rolled his eyes at your over-exaggerated exhaustion. He shut the hood of the truck and looked down at you with a blank expression.

"The boxes aren't even that heavy, (F/n). There's not too many either," Aizawa said.

"Whaaat?! You're lying. There were at least 15 boxes!"

"When you buy a house and start moving in, this will be nothing," he sighed while getting in the truck.

You rolled your eyes and approached the truck. The mailman stopped you before you could get into the truck. He gave you a letter and you thanked him. Getting into the truck, you fasten your seatbelt and held the letter. 'A letter for me? Open immediately?' Aizawa started the truck as you were opening the letter. You pulled out a neatly, handwritten letter. 'Hm, the handwriting is pretty neat.

Dear (L/n) (F/n),

Hey, sorry for getting back to you so late! The Yakuza investigations have been really a pain lately! Anyways, I'm interested in hiring you as my intern. An intern of mine, Amajiki Tamaki, recommended you to my internship. After reviewing your application, I believe you are more than qualified for my internship! I've set up an appointment so that I can meet you and get a better feel of your quirk. I have attached the appointment time and address to the back of this letter. See you soon! P.S. if you pass by a takoyaki place, get me something! :)
~ Fat Gum

You felt a grin tug at your lips as you read the letter. 'I've been accepted?!' Although you wanted to be accepted into Endeavor's internship so you can work alongside Todoroki once he gets his license, you were fine working with Fat Gum. 'His quirk is so cool!' Aizawa glanced at your letter curiously while driving.

"So, what's that (F/n)?"

"I've been accepted for an internship!"

A small smile crept onto Aizawa's face as he asked, "Who's internship?"

"Fat Gum. He seems pretty cool," you said while reading the paper attached to the letter.

"Yeah, his quirk is pretty strong. I'm proud of you," he said while ruffling your (h/c) locks and grinning.

"Thanks, Uncle Shouta. You know I couldn't have done it without you."

"Heh... that's what you say."

You scanned the page attached to the letter. 'I need to meet with him tomorrow after school? That shouldn't be so bad. Maybe I'll ask Amajiki to come with me.' Seeing your uncle happy always brought a beaming smile on your face. He hardly shows emotion and when he does, it is genuine. You tucked the letter in your backpack and stared out the window as cars passed by. 'Finally, Uncle Shouta is letting me do something.'