20: Finale

[Baldi's POV]

I got up the next morning with a smile on my face. Truth was, I was purely ecstatic to get to school that day. I just wished that I could make time go faster.

Impatient, I kept glancing at the clock. I tried thinking of other things to get my mind off of it, but nothing worked. I was just... stuck.

After what seemed like an eternity, it was time for me to leave the house. I grabbed my bag and keys faster than the blink of an eye, and got into my car.

I happily sang along to the radio on the way there. I don't usually sing, but when I do, it's a sign that I'm very happy. Which I was, of course. The memory of my date with Princi was still fresh in my mind, and it made me smile. I was just happy that it went so well.

I arrived at the school and got my bag out of the car, breathing in the fresh morning air. It was sunny; a sign of a good day.

When I walked into the schoolhouse, I was greeted by none other than my boyfriend. We shared a hug and a kiss on the cheek before we started down the hallway.

"How are you this morning?" I asked with a smile, taking Princi's hand. I hoped he was feeling the same as I was—absolutely amazing.

He smiled at me, blushing a little. "I'm doing great! What about you?"

"Amazing," I murmured dreamily. We arrived at my classroom, and I began unpacking my stuff. I wanted to be completely ready for the day ahead of me.

As I was organising my stuff, Princi was silent. I was slightly confused, but decided to tease him about it anyway. "Hey! Cat got your tongue?" I asked with a smirk.

"Are you going to stay for real this time?" he inquired quietly, a great change from his usual voice. I immediately looked up, concerned.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, not breaking eye contact with my boyfriend. "I quit university, remember?"

He shook his head with a sigh. "I mean, don't leave me. Please. Don't leave the schoolhouse again, because that really hurt me, you know..."

I sighed as well, looking down guiltily. "I know. It hurt me, too." I walked closer to Princi and embraced him in a loving hug. "I promise I will never leave you again."

And to this day, I'm still fulfilling that promise.

Fin