18: ...Yes!

[Baldi's POV]

I swear, my heart stopped at those words. I stared at Princi, dumbfounded. "...What?" I wanted to make sure I was hearing him correctly.

"Never mind. It's fine." He turned away from me with a soft sigh. It made me frown, and I shifted closer to him.

I wrapped my arms around him in a gentle hug, and rested my head on his shoulder. "Please tell me," I murmured. "I just... didn't hear you."

Princi slowly turned to look at me, his eyes half-lidded. "I was wondering if you'd want to go out with me..." he said slowly and tentatively. I could almost feel his nervousness in the air.

The question had the same effect on me once more. My heart skipped a beat and my eyes widened. "...Yes, I will, Princi!" I answered at last, hugging him tightly.

His arms encircled me, returning the gesture of affection. Unfortunately, our ride soon came to a stop, and we had to get off. As we continued our walk, in the opposite direction this time, Princi suggested, "Should we call it a night?"

"I think so. I'm exhausted, what about you?" I chuckled, happiness buzzing through me. I hadn't been this happy in a very long time.

A soft sigh came from him. "Yes. It's actually quite late." Princi checked his watch briefly. "Nine-thirty."

We got back into Princi's car, and he began to drive me home. In the peace and quiet, I thought about that very successful date we just had. My heart was still beating fast about what Princi just asked me. As I thought more deeply about my relationship with him, I realised that I might even love him more than I thought I did.

My train of thought was abruptly derailed when we arrived in front of my house. We both got out of the car, and Princi walked me to my front door.

"Today was fun," he remarked with a smile. "I would gladly do it again."

I smiled back, realising my opportunity here. "Me too. I really like hanging out with you." With that, I leaned in quickly and kissed Princi full on the lips. It only lasted briefly before I pulled away and opened my front door. "Good night!" I called, my smile not daring to fade.

I could tell Princi was slightly dazed as he waved goodbye and walked down my driveway. I closed the door behind myself and leaned against it, giddy with happiness.

To Be Continued...