12: The First Day Back

[Baldi's POV]

I was curious to find out why Princi's face was all red. Sure, it might be a little bit from crying, but in that case, his face would be a lot less red.

"It just happens to me when I cry," he explained, looking away in what I presumed was embarrassment.

I nodded. "Makes sense. Well... I'd better get going. We have school tomorrow." I flashed him a smile, my heart feeling light. It was going to be fantastic, being back in the school. With him.

Princi looked back at me and smiled in response. "See you tomorrow!" he said cheerfully.

I waved before leaving his house and heading for my own. I was already excited for the next day, but... why? Well, I guess it was because I was getting my favourite job back. But... I felt something when I was near Princi. Something I've never felt before.

I simply shrugged it off and kept walking. That night, I fell asleep easily, wanting to get a good night's rest for the next day.

-

I smiled as I sat down in my chair. The chair that I missed dearly. I was finally back in room ninety-nine, and I thought it had been too long. I was right.

Stacking one more piece of paper on my desk, I finally leaned back. "Finished," I murmured aloud to myself. I was referring to finishing my lesson plans for the day. I missed that kind of work, and it felt good to have it back.

There was a knock at my classroom door. I looked up from my stack of papers and called, "Come in!"

The door opened to reveal Princi, and he was carrying two cups of coffee. "Hi!" he greeted. "I brought you some coffee."

"Oh, thank you!" I said gratefully. "Haven't had any yet. So, what's up?"

Princi placed one of the cups on my desk and shrugged. "Not much. I should be asking you. How is teacher life treating you again?" he inquired.

I smiled again, feeling quite good this morning. "It's so great to be back," I replied. "I missed everything here so much. Especially you." I didn't lie. I really did miss Princi.

His eyes widened slightly, and he chuckled a little. "Aww. Thanks, Baldimore." That name made my face redden, since he never calls me that. It's not that I care or anything...

What are these feelings? My heart feels different when I'm around Princi. Lighter, in a way. I feel like I could run for hours. I... I kind of like it.

The bell rang, interrupting our conversation. Princi waved and walked out of the room, mumbling a quick goodbye.

I let out a long sigh, feeling all the heat rush out of my body. The rest of the day went by smoothly, but thoughts of Princi drifted in and out of my mind all day.

What's happening to me?

To Be Continued...