10: Reunited

TW: Slight mention of self-harm

-

[Princi's POV]

I sighed as I washed the fresh blood off the knife I had in my hand. I placed it back in the drawer and bandaged up my wrist.

I said I wouldn't do it again, but today I let myself cheat a little. I messed up. Badly. I just dismissed the person I love like he was nothing. I wiped my eyes, staining the back of my hand black.

I was just exiting the kitchen when I heard a knock at the door. I blinked, confused. Who would care enough to visit me at a time like this? Who would even visit me in the first place?

Still confused, I walked to the door and opened it. The person who stood there was the last person I would expect.

"Bal—" I was cut off when Baldi practically launched himself at me, pulling me into a tight hug.

He pulled away from the hug and started talking. "Oh my gosh, you probably hate me, but I need to talk to you about something important. Can you at least hear me out before you leave me forever?" He sounded anxious, like I would say no or something.

I stared at him in shock. Did he come here, to my house, simply to talk to me? I felt my heart warm a little. It felt nice to have someone who'd do that.

"Yeah. Come in." I stood aside to let him enter. "Would you like tea? Coffee?" I asked.

"I'm good, thank you," he said politely. "I have a very important thing to talk to you about."

I sat down on the couch, which, embarrassingly, was stained black in some places. "Okay. I'm all ears."

Baldi did the same, sitting nicely and facing me. "Well, um..." he paused to sigh, "I've been hating my classes. I was just wondering if... you might take me back at the schoolhouse."

I couldn't believe my ears. Baldi wanted to come back? To the schoolhouse? To me? I held back my wide grin, and pretended to think for a bit. "Sure, Baldi. I'd be glad to have you back." I didn't lie one bit. Well, maybe I was more than glad to have him back.

"Well, that makes me feel better." He let out a sigh, smiling. I guessed it was from relief. "Oh! What happened to your hand?"

My eyes widened. I quickly hid my hand, my expression becoming shameful. "N-nothing," I answered, looking away.

Baldi sighed, grabbing my arm and exposing my wrist. It was mostly bandaged up, but some scars were uncovered. I watched him carefully. It pained me to see tears filling his eyes before he buried his head in my shoulder.

I could hear him crying. Now I felt more guilty than ever. I broke down as well, hugging Baldi tightly.

Finally, he looked up with a tear-stained face. "Why?" he asked me quietly.

Oh, that was a long story... a story that I'd now have to tell the person I love.

To Be Continued...