4: Breaking Down

[Princi's POV]

After saying goodbye to Baldi on Friday, I went home and cried. He was gone, forever. It was highly unlikely that I would see him again, and it was agonising.

On Monday morning, I couldn't focus. It was so strange to have a different math teacher in the school, and not Baldi. I missed his greeting in the morning, wishing me a good day. My heart ached with that thought. All I wanted was to have him back.

"I can't believe he's gone," I sighed to myself, letting my shoulders droop. "If only he knew how much this hurts..."

I tried to tell myself that Baldi was gone, that he would never come back, but it didn't get to me. I simply couldn't believe it. At that point, I would give anything to see him for five minutes.

A whole week passed. My state hadn't changed; in fact, it got worse. I was falling deeper and deeper into despair. It just goes to show how deeply I was in love with Baldi.

I was falling behind in my work, and every day there was a bigger stack of papers on my desk. There were dark circles under my eyes from lack of sleep, my hair was messy, and my eyes were dull and unfocused. You could say I was depressed.

People came in to check on me, their concern growing stronger every day. I simply waved them off, telling them I was fine. I'm not a very good liar, am I?

On the weekends, I didn't even bother to get out of bed. Why would I, when there was nothing to live for anymore? My only love was gone. Forever. Never to be seen by me again. I loved him and missed him so much it hurt. My heart was shattered, blackened, and crumbling.

I stopped eating. I was visibly deteriorating, and no one but me knew why. I knew that if Baldi saw me like this, I wouldn't hear the end of it. It's all his fault! If he hadn't left, I'd never be like this! We might even be together!

I cried myself to sleep every single night, and tonight was no different. It seemed like things would never look up. Or so I thought.

To Be Continued...