14: An Awkward Situation

[Baldi's POV]

I drove to school the next morning instead of walking. My reason? It was raining. Sure, it's not that long of a walk, but I didn't want to get all wet.

I was feeling nervous all morning. I guess it was silly, since I had nothing to worry about. Nothing had changed, really, but I had discovered my love for Princi.

I parked my car and walked into the school. On my way to my classroom, I didn't see Princi at all. Half of me was relieved, but the other half was slightly sad. I did want to see him, but I knew I couldn't let my feelings show. Like yesterday. That was embarrassing.

But, when I was getting my lesson ready for the day's worth of classes, I could hear the sound of my fellow staff member's whistle in the halls. Smiling cheerfully, I hopped out of my seat and decided to chase down the source of that sweet sound.

"Princi!" I called, the smile not leaving my face. He turned around, a smile quickly becoming prominent on his face.

"Hello, Baldi!" he greeted, walking over to me. "How are things?"

Act normal. Act normal. FOR GOD'S SAKE, ACT NORMAL! my thoughts screamed. On the outside, I answered simply, "Never better. I could go for some coffee, though..."

Princi nodded. "Same here. It's early!"

Our eyes met, and it was kind of like I was turned into stone. I immediately melted, not being able to look away.

Something about his eyes intrigued me. They were empty; an endless void of black. Yet, they were comforting, something I could swim in for days and never get tired.

It seemed like forever that I was trapped in his gaze. At least, until his voice stirred me from those thoughts.

"Baldi? How about that coffee?"

To Be Continued...