The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 17}

LO aka pinkdots21 © 2010

All Rights Reserved.

Chapter 17:

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me and Darren too. Haha, I'm still the older one. I walked downstairs into the kitchen and found Mom and Darren eating breakfast. "Happy birthday, honey" Mom smiled. "Thanks" I smiled.

"Happy birthday, Frankie" Darren greeted me. "Right back at yah" I winked while grabbing the milk carton. I brought the carton to my lips and I was about to drink when Mom stopped me. "Get a glass" she scolded. Naw, but I like drinking from the carton. I got a clean glass and poured myself some milk.

"So what's on the agenda?" Dad walked into the kitchen with his newspaper in one hand and his glasses planted on the top of his head. "Nothing" Darren and I said in unison. We exchanged glaring looks and continued with breakfast.

I went back upstairs and checked my emails. I had about 25 plus email notifications from Facebook. I quickly checked my wall posts and found so many birthday greetings. I spent awhile saying thank you and playing a bit of Farmville. My crops had died, oh well; at least they're not real. After half an hour, I dragged myself into the shower and did my business. No further details needed. I changed into some jeans and a random hoodie. So far, my birthday's been boring. I wonder how Darren's going.

My phone started ringing and I checked the caller ID, it was Jenna. I picked up and answered "Hello?"

"FRANKIE! HAAAPPPPPYY BIRRRTTHHHDAAAAY!" she screamed into the phone, for second I truly believed that I went deaf. "Thaaaannnnkkkk yyooou!" I tried mimicking her tone. "Are you copying me?" she asked sarcastically.

"Me? NO! NEVER!" I said over dramatically. "I'm coming over!" she bursted out loud. "Who invited you?" I said with sarcasm dripping all over my words. "Myself, obviously" Jenna can never tell when I'm being sarcastic or serious. That's the downside to her.

"Fine."

-

The doorbell rung and I shrugged when I opened the door. Jenna, Mike and Shane was at my front door. "I thought that only Jenna was coming."

"We had to bring our presents so we thought 'let's all go'" Mike smiled. Darren came from behind me and peered over my shoulder. "Hey, is this for me?" he grabbed a present with his name clearly labelled on it. "No, it's for the dog. Oh wait, that's you." Shane smirked. We all laughed while Darren pouted and kept quiet. A small blue car parked into our driveway. I wonder who it is.

The car honked twice before turning off the engine. Out came, Maggie!

"Hi everyone!" she waved, holding presents. Robbie came out of her car too. No wonder, I couldn't find Robbie in his room. "Come inside" Darren tried to gather everyone inside the living room. We all sat down while I went to the kitchen to get some drinks.

Darren had already opened his presents. Maggie got him a shirt and Robbie got him a shaving kit, which I found funny. Jenna and Mike got him some tickets to a basketball game and Shane got him some CDs.

Jenna handed me Mike and her gifts. I opened the box and found a charm bracelet with my initials engraved on it. Maggie had got me a cute makeup gift set and Robbie gave me a gift voucher to a luxury spa.

"Shane, where's your gift for Frankie?" Jenna questioned him. "It's fine, I was really expecting this many gifts" I reassured her. "I got hers, I'll get it to you later. Is that fine with you, Frankie?" Shane smirked. "Yeah, I guess so..." Wonder what it is?

"So, what do you guys wanna do?" Maggie asked. Stay home and sleep all day would be awesome. "Let's go the newest theme park!" Darren cheered. "How old are you? Three?" I smirked. Darren gave me a 'shut-up-because-it's-my-birthday' look' and crossed his arms across his chest. Maggie, Robbie, Shane were trying to suppress a laugh and Jenna and Mike were giving me weird looks. I glanced him a 'it's-my-birthday-too-so-bahaha' look.

"Let's go bowling!" I exclaimed. "Yeah, bowling would be fun. I haven't been in ages." Maggie smiled. "I heard there's a new glow in the dark bowling place that just opened up a few weeks ago." Mike said.

We all jumped into our cars and headed off to 'Neon Lanes' the new bowling place Mike was talking about. When we got there, the place was pretty busy. There were about six other groups of people playing all ready. We got our shoes and headed to our lane. The place was pretty dark but the lanes glowed in the blackness. Our lanes started lighting up and the bumpers went down. Darren and Shane went to get the bowling balls while the rest of us was putting our shoes on. I was first, with Darren second (he complained why he wasn't first), then Robbie, Maggie, Jenna, Shane and lastly Mike.

It was my turn and I bowled a 6 then I got a spare. Darren got a 7 then 2. Robbie and Maggie scored perfect strikes while Jenna kept bowling in the gutters scoring nothing. Shane and Mike both got six's and then sparing. Halfway, Jenna had gave up; only scoring an overall score of 8 while everyone else was well scoring into the 70's. I decided to get food and drinks for everyone so I left our lane and went the to cafe. I quickly grabbed my purse and went.

"Hi, how can I help you?" the staff person said.

"Hi, can I get seven hotdogs and seven colas" I said, pulling out my money from my purse. "Frankie, is that you?" Huh? I lifted my head and saw Zane. "Hey Zane!" I smiled. "Hold on, I'll get you those hotdogs you ordered." he flashed a smile. "Thanks" I said. After a few minutes, the food and drinks came. "That's 38 dollars and 50 cents, thanks" I handed him a 50 dollar note and he gave me my change. "What are you doing here?" he asked, casually leaning against the counter. "Just playing a game, it's my birthday" I said.

"Oh, happy birthday then. Hold on a sec" he said. He went around the back and got something. "Here you go. Happy birthday!" he smiled, handing me a small cupcake with a candle lit. "Naw, thanks. You didn't have to."

"But I wanted to" was his reply. "Frankie, what's taking so long?" Shane came, ruining my fun moment. "I'm coming" I said, annoyed. Shane took the drinks in his hands as I grabbed the hotdogs. "I'll talk to you later" I told Zane.

"Who is he?" Shane asked. "A friend." I replied. I placed the food down onto our table and passed them onto everyone else. "Boy, am I hungry!" Darren sighed before taking a bite into his hotdog. It was my turn to bowl and I had miraculously scored a strike! Yay! I sat back down to eat my hotdog when I went to look for my cupcake.

"NOOOOOOO!" I yelled out to Darren, he was about to eat MY cupcake! I quickly took the cupcake from his hand and took a bite. "This" I pointed down at the cupcake "is mine."

"It's from her boyfriend, that why she won't let you eat. I bet if it was from a hobo, she'd let you." Shane smirked. "No, it's not. Plus where would a hobo get a cupcake with a candle?" I snapped, with food in my mouth. "Err. Swallow your food before you talk Frankie, its unattractive" he smirked once again. "I'll show you unattractive" I placed my cupcake down and balled my fists and started hitting him the back. "Ow, stop!" he said weakly. Hehehe, I felt my evil laugh becoming back.

-

Chapter 18 is really epic. Hehe, watch out. I might post it tomorrow morning xD Don't forget to comment, fan and vote! :)