The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 15}

LO aka pinkdots21 © 2010

All Rights Reserved.

Chapter 15:

I need to talk to him.

I ran out of the dance studio following him across the busy street, I stopped in my track when I saw a large moving shadow up ahead. Brian went through the dark path of the park and automatically I followed. I need to know. I could hear loud mumblings and yells from the distance.

What is Brian doing here? So many thoughts lingered and whirled through my mind. It was dark and really cold but I kept on following. I moved closer and closer, quickening each step. Brian briskly walked on the park path, turning his head behind him every few seconds. I hid behind a tree when Brian halted to a stop. I peered behind the larger tree, trying to listen. I usually don't eavesdrop but I was so curious.

"Brian.." a deep, firm voice rung in my ears.

"Father" he responded, slightly nodding his head.

Suddenly I gasped out loud; I quickly cover my mouth hoping no one heard me. I was about to run away when I..

Snap!

Stepped on a large branch with the heel of my shoes. Dammit!

"Who's there?" Brian's father called out. Crap, crap, crap. My heart beat quickened within every second. I heard the shuffling of feet and loud voices.

"Go search over there if someone's listening" another voice called out. I turned my head and saw five or six men heading towards my direction into the bush. Shit, what to do. Then, it struck me. I saw a large rock next to my foot, I quickly grabbed the tennis ball sized rock and threw it to the other side of the park within the bushes and all the footsteps rushed over the dark bushes.

I was about to leave the park when I felt a hand cover my mouth and another hand holding me across the stomach. I squirmed and tried screaming to let myself out of the person's tight grip. I turned my head to see who it was.

When I saw Brian, I was relieved that it was only him. He let go off his grip around my stomach but he kept his hand covering my mouth. "Keep quiet" he hushed.

I nodded my head in fear and followed him out of the park. Minutes later, we had reached the opening of the park and I could see the dance studio across the road. Darren, Jenna and Maggie were outside wearing their jackets. Darren and Maggie were arguing while Jenna was quickly pressing buttons on her phone. I felt my phone vibrate in the back of my pocket.

I glanced at Brian who was looking at me directly. "We need to talk" I demanded. He nodded his head and we walked down the street. I sent Jenna a text saying I'll be back in 20 minutes. I need to get Brian out of the way once and for all.

We found a bench and we sat on the opposite ends. The cold winter breeze blew across my face, messing my hair in the process. The silence filled the air until I spoke up.

"Brian, what was your father doing here?" I asked calmly.

"He's checking up on me" he laughed comfortably.

"This isn't a situation we should be laughing at" I said firmly.

"You want to know why I slept with Lisa that night? Correct?" he said. He's damn right, I wanna know. Does he take me for an idiot or something?

"Y-yes" It was so cold, my teeth started chattering. Now, I do sound like an idiot. He chuckled at my response and took his jacket off and offered it to me. I waved my hand, insisting not to take it but he got up and wrapped the jacket around my shoulders.

"I don't know how to say this but.. sleeping with Lisa was the easiest way to break up with you" he paused for awhile, thinking of what to say. Cause, he better think or else.

"If I didn't hurt you to would be harder for you to let go of me and harder for me to let go of you. Your dad, h-he.." he started stuttering.

"He what, Brian? What about my father?" I said harshly.

"He threatened me! Your father hates me! He said I'm not good enough for you, I'm a bad influence on you. That's how much he didn't want me for you" he said out of breath.

"Are you trying to make me laugh, Brian? Because, you really are" I scoffed at him. I can't believe this, Brian is saying that my own father threatened him to stay away from me. You can't be serious.

"At Mike's engagement party, your father even talked to me. He told me to stay as far away as possible from you. When I saw, I thought I could tell you everything that time. But, when I saw you with Shane; I couldn't muster enough courage to tell you anything. So I waited til' the right time but everytime I tried to talk to you, you either pushed me away, didn't listen to me or Shane was always around."

Now, I felt guilty because I never listened to Brian when he wanted to talk to me.

"After tonight, I'll forgive you. But I can't say that I love you anymore. Sure, maybe I did before but not anymore. I'm sorry" I said quietly; ending everything.

"That was all I wanted." he smiled slightly as I handed him, his jacket back.

-

Brian:

"That was all I wanted." I said, as she handed me my jacket back.

"I better get going. Jenna's waiting for me" she said.

"Frankie.." I called out as she stepped back a bit.

"I'm leaving" I said.

Confusion was written all over her face. "What? Where you going?" she asked. It's the only way, I'll forget her.

"I'm moving to England. A fresh start, you know?" I chuckled.

"Oh, umm. Aren't you gonna stay for Mike and Jenna's wedding?" she questioned curiously.

"No but tell them I said congratulations" I joked.

"Okay, I will. Goodbye, Brian" she smiled. It'll be the last time; I'll see her smile for a long time. She walked off into the dark, cold night.

"I love you, goodbye" I breathed, watching her go.

-

Another short chapter. Didn't wanna add other important stuff in here *wink wink* :D

A clean, non dramatic goodbye chappie xD