The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 9}

Gah! I haven't posted in awhile.. Broken promises.. tsk tsk. I'm so bad, tehee.. Anways, here's chapter nine!

LO aka pinkdots21 © 2010

All Rights Reserved.

Chapter 9:

Thursday:

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm clock, what a great start to the morning. I looked over at the calendar hung up on my wall; it is exactly 1 week and 1 day till my 18th birthday! I'm finally old enough to make my own decision about everything. This means my parents can't ground me anymore. Haha!

I walked downstairs, to find mom cooking not Berta. Mmm, weird. Mom is usually at work by now. "Morning" I chirped. I plopped myself down at one of the chairs at the kitchen bench. "Good morning, sweetie" Mom greeted me back. I could smell the delicious aroma of eggs and bacon, my stomach rumbled at the scent. Mom just giggled as Dad walked into the kitchen with his suit and briefcase.

The doorbell rang and I jumped up to answer it. "I got it" I yelled from the front foyer. I opened the door to find a middle age man around mid forties wearing a red uniform. "Yes?" I asked the man. "Is there a Francesca Payne here?" he squinted his eyes looking at a piece of paper. "Yes, that's me" I said curiously. "I've got a delivery for you" he said, walking to the back of a white van, opening it in the process. He pulled out a huge bouquet of red roses and a box of chocolate in a hearted shape box. What the hell? 'Why would someone send me flowers?' I thought.

The man handed the flowers to me and said "Please sign here" holding out a clipboard with papers on it. I took the pen and scribbled a messy signature. The man walked into the van and drove off from our driveway.

I walked over the kitchen counter and scanned the flowers. I saw the card on the side and opened it up. It read:

"The times we spend together are the best times that I know; I am a better person, because you've made me so. I'm sorry, Frankie :) Brian"

I crumpled the card in my hand and shoved the flowers into the trash can, where they belong. If he thinks that I'll forgive him, he can think again. "Francesca, why did you throw the flowers in the bin?" Mom raised her voice. "Because, they're infected" I said smugly, "by Brian" I breathed quietly so she couldn't hear me. I walked out of the kitchen so she couldn't ask me anymore questions.

-

"He sent you flowers! How sweet?!" Maggie exclaimed, waving her hands around. I cocked an eyebrow at her and she settled down in her seat and continued eating her sandwich. "Incoming" she smirked, as Shane and Darren walked to our table. I covered my face with my hand because I know, I just know Darren's gonna make a joke about the incident this morning. He found the flowers and the cards in the trash can, before coming to school.

Shane took a seat opposite me and Maggie while Darren was sitting next to Maggie. He was shuffling papers and books in his bag when he pulled out; oh no, he didn't. The flowers and card. Damn you Darren. "Here you go sissy" he smirked while passing me the flowers. I held the flowers and card in my hand while Maggie snatched the card and Shane's eyes were wandering around the half alive, half dead roses.

"'The times we spend together are the best times that I know, I am a better person, because you've made me so. I'm sorry, Frankie. Brian' " Maggie sighed, holding the card to where her heart was. "That is so sweet, you should totally forgive him" she sighed once again. "Yeah, like sending me flowers and chocolates are going to make everything okay..." sarcasm all over every word. "I don't think so" I added.

"It is a shame to let these chocolates go to waste" I said sarcastically, waving the chocolates in the air. That came Brian's attention and his eyes met my gaze. "Maggie, here you go" I said loudly making sure he heard me. The smile on his face descended into a frown as I gave Maggie the chocolates. "Thanks Frankie?" she said puzzled.