(32)

The stands were full.
People were cheering.
The commentators were speaking.
And it was all happening so fast.

The starting six that included me(setter), Joy, Jennie, Lisa, Hani, and somi were all on the court.

The other team was already serving ...

...

...

...

...

...
And just like that, we lost our first set.

As we sat down on the bench, out of breath, we wanted to blame eachother. All I could think of is if somi would have spiked better or if Jennie would have received it properly but I had to remember that we are a team.

I went to go take a peak at the boys volleyball game on the other side and our team was doing really good, it motivated me a lot. But the other girls were down, and when that happens it's never good.

I decided to tell my coach to put a whole new set of girls out with me, the ones on the bench are always excited to play in the games and their good energy will for sure help us win our 2nd set.

As we got back on the court, I was extremely nervous but I definitely feed off of that energy that my nervousness gives me.

...

...

...

Aaaaand we won!

We have a chance to play 3rd set!

If we win, we take the trophy home!

~

~

The third set is always the scariest, it's the final tie breaker, and it's only up to 15 points.

If we don't win, what kind of captain will I be ? What kind of daughter of a legend would I be?
How would I even be worthy of playing for the city??

It was all too much pressure, but my whole life has been this way. As the starting 5 girls and I huddled up b4 the 3rd set, I said ,

"No pressure, okay you guys ? Volleyball is our lives, let's not make it a chore? I have the most fun playing with you guys so let's just remember to do our bests and have fun. Ready?! Let's go!"

.

.

.

.

.

.

The game's over.

. I'm crying

.My teammates are crying

.My coach is emotional

.My dad is in shock

.

.what do you think happened .....?

—————————-

Be patient with me plz!
Im trying so hard to finish this book! <3
This chapter was kinda horrible but I'm trying 😭