Chapter 39

“I cant do this Luke, I just cant!” I yelled, setting my head down on the desk in defeat.

“Come on Zoey, finals are literally tomorrow you can't just give up now,” Luke said, placing his hand on my back and rubbing small soothing circles.

For the last week and a half Luke had been coming over for hours every night tutoring me in all of my classes. I had been doing alright in our little sessions, but the stress of actually taking the tests in less then twenty four hours was starting to hit me.

“Oh god what if I fail?” I asked, shaking my head.

“You’re not going to fail Zoey, you’re a lot smarter then you give your self credit for. You took the SAT’s last year and didn’t fail, and those are a hell of a lot harder then these stupid finals,” Luke said.

“I cant do it,” I sighed, walking from my desk and flopping face down on my bed.

“Zoey you’re being so dramatic,” Luke laughed, sitting on the bed next to me.

“I’m being realistic,” I mumbled into my blanket. 

“All of your stress is making me stressed,” Luke laughed, leaning down and placing a kiss at the base of my neck.

“Good, you should be stressed,” I replied, rolling over and placing my head in his lap.

“I don’t need to be though, you seem to forget that I’m already in college,” he replied, brushing strands of hair out of my eyes.

“True, but if you fail, they could take your scholarship away and you’d have to go to community college and work at Home Depot,” I laughed, booping him on his nose.

Lukes face fell and the color drained from his cheeks.

“Holy shit you’re right, we need to study right now I cant take any chances,” he said, scrambling over me to grab the textbook.

“Babe I was kidding,” I said, laughing at his reaction.

“So was I!” he yelled, turning around quickly and jumping on me, wrapping his long legs around my body.

“Oh my god you weigh like 500 pounds,” I yelled, squirming underneath the weight of his body.

“Too bad,” Luke laughed, beginning to tickle my side.

“STOP!” I yelled, thrashing around and laughing until I was breathless.

“Are you less stressed?” he asked, finally stopping his attack of tickles.

“Yes,” I panted, still trying to regain my breath from my laughing fit.

“Good. Now I’m going to go so you can get your beauty rest,” Luke said, bending down and quickly kissing my forehead before he stood from my bed and snuck out of my room.

☆ ☆ ☆

I tapped my pencil on my desk, glancing up at the clock. Twenty minutes. I had twenty minutes to finish my last final, my last test ever as a high school student. Of course, due to my weird finals schedule I had my physics final last. How typical, ending the year with the same class that started it. I glanced over to my right, where Luke was leaning back in his chair, his test booklet closed. My eyes widened with panic, glancing quickley to my own test, which was only half way done.

He noticed my gaze and turned his head to mine, his blue eyes shining. I gave him a pained expression to show my distress with my test. This test was impossiable, it's like everything I learned during the year just went down the drain. He stuck out his lower lip in a slight pout, which made my face break into a smile. He then gave me a quick thumbs up and then turned his head away, signaling that I needed to finish the test. 

I turned my attention back to the exam in front of me, and suddenly everything made sense. Luke and I had reviewed this section last night, and all of a sudden everything that we had studied came rushing back. I grabbed my pencil and frantically filled in the remainder of the test, my hand aching with the speed at which I was writing. 

Just as I finished the last question the bell rang, signifying the end of this exam and the end of my senior year. Mr. Davies came around and collected all of our exams, before standing at is desk near the front of the room.

“Congratulations guys, you’re done. Have a good rest of your lives,” Mr. Davies said, smiling at us all. 

I stood up and turned to Luke, where his long arms were waiting for me. 

“I cant believe we’re done!” I squealed, wrapping my arms around his neck.

“How did you think the test went?” Luke asked when I finished hugging him, as we walked hand in hand out of the class room, nodding to Mr. Davies and thanking him as we went.

“You know, it wasn’t that bad. I randomly remembered everything that we had studied last night,” I said, smiling up at him.

“Well I’m glad that my services came in use,” Luke laughed as we walked over to my locker.

“You’re a very good teacher,” I said to him as I unloaded my locker, putting all of my various books and school supplies in my bag.  

I smiled as I pulled off an old Polaroid of me and Luke that I had stuck to the door of my locker. 

“Aw look, I forgot about this picture,” I said, showing Luke the picture.

“We’re cute,” he laughed.

The picture was one that Luke had taken on one random Sunday afternoon on my bed, where I was completely makeup-less and hadn’t washed my hair in three days. In the picture I am lying back on my bed, with my eyes squeezed shut and Luke is kissing my cheek. 

I tucked the photo into my wallet and smiled up at Luke, who was gazing at me very intensely. 

“What?” I asked, laughing slightly.

“I just love you,” he said, leaning in close to me.

“Well I love you too silly,” I said, smiling widely as he placed his lips on mine.

a.n///

ahhhhh there are only four chapters left this is so weird omg!!!!!! so school started which is gross, so I think updates will be weekly, just so my school life doesnt fall apart ja feel. anyways IM SEEING 5SOS IN MOUNTAIN VIEW NEXT YEAR AND IM SO EXCITED HOLY SHIT AHHHHHH! did any one else get tickets????? which shows are you guys going to????

anyways, love you all, dont forget to vote and comment!!!