Chapter 29

I was tapping my foot to Chocolate by The 1975, attempting to paint the still life before me. I couldn’t focus though; Luke was sitting next to me in class and his hair looked particularly cute today. It was raining this morning so instead of being gelled up, it was laying flat along his head, still slightly damp from the rain. I kept glancing over at him and just watched him. He was focusing on the subject though, chewing slightly on his lip.

“Paint a picture Zoey, it will last longer,” Luke smirked, still looking at his canvas.

“Why would I want to do that?” I smirked.

“Well, you’re obviously obsessed with me. I should be your subject instead, since I am, if I do say so my self, a Greek god,” he said, looking at me and wiggling his eyebrows.

“Nah, you’re a bit of a Monet to be honest. Nice from a far but a mess up close,” I smirked, blowing him a kiss.

“Clever Banks,” Luke said, rolling his eyes at me. “Anyways Zoey, I need to talk to you after school,” he said seriously.

“Why can’t you tell me now?” I asked.

“Just… we’ll talk about it later,” he said, turning back to his art.

☆☆☆

“Okay, it’s later,” I said, lying down on Luke’s bed.

“Alright, so you know that I’ve always wanted to go to Stanford,” Luke sighed, sitting down on the bed.

“Yeah…” I said, sitting up slightly.

“Well about a month ago I applied for early admissions,” he said.

“Wait you did? Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked.

“Well, I didn’t want to get my hopes up just incase I didn’t get in,” he said.

“Alright, what about it?” I asked.

“I got in, I’m going to Stanford,” he said, turning to me.

“Oh my god Luke, that’s amazing! I am so proud of you,” I said, throwing my arms around him and hugging him tightly.

“I’m kind of nervous about it though,” Luke mumbled.

“Why?” I said, pulling back.

“Well, it’s in California. I’m worried I might be too far from my dad, he’ll be on his own and all,” Luke said, running his hand through his hair.

“I’m sure your dad will be alright Luke, it’s not like you’ll never see him again,” I said.

“I’ll also be really far away from you,” Luke said, lowering his head.

“Oh Luke, is that what you’re upset about,” I said, placing my hand on his face and raising his head slightly.

“It’s just, I know long distance relationships never really work out but I don’t want to let you go either,” he said, his eyes welling up.

“Why are you getting upset about this now, we still have a few months,” I said, my voice filled with concern for him.

“I just know we’ll have to face this problem eventually… I don’t know I’ve just been thinking about it a lot,” he said, locking his eyes with mine.

“Well if it makes you feel any better, I don’t think I’m going to stay in Detroit forever,” I said, smiling slightly.

“Where will you go then?” Luke asked, his eyes lighting up.

“I don’t know. Maybe Europe, or Africa, or Florida,” I said, smiling largely at him.

“What about California?” he asked, leaning in closer.

“Maybe California,” I said, shrugging my shoulders.

“I think definitely California,” Luke whispered, closing the distance and placing his warm lips on mine.

I smiled as our lips connected, the familiar spark running through me. Luke’s kisses were like a drug, I could never get enough. Our lips moved, together and I bit down softly on his bottom lip. Luke wound his hand into my hair, and I parted my mouth slightly, giving his tongue permission to explore my mouth. We continued like this for a few minutes, kissing each other like it would never end.

I pulled back slightly and looked at him, panting in an attempt to regain my breath.

“Luke, I just want you to know, wherever I go, we’ll work it out,” I smiled.

☆☆☆

“Lucas Robert Hemmings, this is an awful idea,” I whined, gripping the steering wheel.

After Luke and I finished our homework, Luke had the genius idea that I would drive my self home.

“No it’s not, just push down on the pedal,” Luke said.

I pushed my foot down and the car jerked forward.

“Luke, I can’t!” I shrieked.

“Jesus Banks, pull your self together,” Luke, laughed.

“Oh god, oh god. If we die in an accident I’m sorry and it’s all your fault,” I said, pushing down slowly on the gas pedal, inching down the road.

“Banks, you can go a little faster then that,” he laughed.

“Shut up Luke,” I said, pushing down on the gas a little harder.

It took us twenty minutes longer then usual for me to get home, considering the fact that I panicked every time a car passed me on the road. I could tell I was starting to annoy Luke, but he managed to keep his cool so that I didn’t freak out.

We were now sitting in the car in front of my house, my hands shaking slightly as I let go of the steering wheel.

“Should I try to park?” I asked, turning to face him.

“Do what you feel comfortable doing,” he said shrugging his shoulders.

“Alright, I’m sorry in advance if I hit anything,” I said, taking in a large breath.

I pushed down on the gas and twisted the wheel, turning the car towards my driveway. I jerked up into the driveway, knocking over the empty plastic garbage can in the process.

“Hey you only hit one thing Banks, you’re practically a professional,” Luke laughed.

“What can I say, I have a good teacher,” I said, turning to face him.

“Sooner or later, you’re not going to need me to be your chauffer,” he said, locking eyes with me.

“True, but I’ll still keep you around. You know, for eye candy,” I said, giggling.

“Is that all I am to you, a pretty face,” Luke scoffed, pretending to be offended.

“Of course not, your butt is pretty cute too,” I said, a huge grin spreading across my face.

“It’s fine, I use you for your boobs anyways,” he said, shrugging his shoulders.

“Oh my god, can you stop talking about my boobs,” I laughed, slapping his arm lightly.

“I’m a teenage boy Zoey, that is what we do, we eat and talk about boobs,” he said.

“Well, have fun with that. I need to go in before my mom throws a fit,” I sighed, unbuckling my seat belt.

“Love you,” Luke said, placing a quick kiss on my lips.

“Love you too,” I said, jumping out of the car and heading to my house.

a.n///

so sorry this took so long, but i've been travelling and supes jet lagged :/ also i put the most attractive gif on the side like LUKE BBY PLEASE STOP

dont forget to vote and comment!!!!