Chapter 12

“I think you spend a bit too much time in my house,” Luke said, laughing at me.

“Well its better then my house. My mothers being anal as usual and Evan has been lurking around a bit too much,” I replied, lying back on Luke’s bed.

Luke and I had been spending most of our weekends together, saying that we were working on our project. In reality, we just lay on his bed and talked about random stuff or watched movies.

“Come on Zoey, your mom isn’t that bad,” Luke said, rolling over to face me.

“Ha. You don’t know her,” I said, laughing at Luke’s ignorance.

“Come on, she probably just misses your dad,” Luke said.

I tensed. I don’t like to discuss my dad. It’s not like he’s some evil being, I just feel like I barley know him. Just thinking about him being my dad makes me a little uncomfortable. I only see him maybe three times a year, and he never takes the time to catch up. At the moment, I feel like I’m closer to Luke then my father.

“Yeah maybe…” I mumbled, looking down.

“Hey Zoey, I didn’t mean to upset you,” Luke said, placing his hand on my cheek.

“I know,” I whispered, looking back up to Luke.

Luke looked into my eyes, and leaned in slowly. I started to feel butterflies in my stomach, making it feel like it was going to burst. Luke’s lips brushed mine and I felt a shock of energy.

“L-Luke,” I whispered, looking at the clock. “I need to get home.”

And with that, I jumped up from Luke’s bed.

“Do you need me to drive you?” Luke asked, running his hand through his hair.

“No I’ll just take the bus. Thanks,” I said, running out of his room.

I sprinted out of his house, slamming the door shut. I started walking down the street to the bus station, shaking my head. I ran, I always run. I never understand why, but something good was about to happen to me, and I ran. What the hell is wrong with me? I reached the bus station and stopped, looking at the sign taped across the glass.

It said, “All buses are undergoing maintenance, none will be running today.”

“Shit,” I muttered, sighing. My house was at least twenty minutes away, but I couldn’t go back to Luke’s. I don’t know if I could face him just yet.

 I started walking in the direction of my house, walking as quickly as I could so that I could get home faster.

After ten minutes, the sky was racked with thunder, and cold rain started falling.

I sighed loudly, not bothering to try and save my hair from getting drenched.

☆☆☆

Luke’s POV

 The door slammed shut and I sat on my bed, too stunned to move. Why did she run? What did I do wrong? It must be because I tried to kiss her. Did I smell bad? I sniffed my armpit, and it didn’t smell awful. I ran my hands though my hair, pulling at the roots.

This was exactly like last time, I try to kiss her and she runs away. I know she likes me, so why won’t she just admit it. I want to try with her, even if she doesn’t. She’s worth trying for.

“Dammit, I’m not letting this happen again,” I said, standing from my bed and grabbing my car keys. I ran out of my room and out the door, adrenaline coursing through my veins.

I jump into my car and start driving to the bus stop, hoping to find her there.

As I pulled up to the small bus stop, rain started to attack the car. I rolled down the window so I could see if she was there. It was deserted.

“Shit,” I murmured under my breath, starting the car to try and catch her at her house.

☆☆☆

Zoey’s POV

The rain was still coming down hard as I saw the lights of my house near by. I started walking quicker, eager to return to my dry house. I walked up to my driveway, noticing Luke’s car parked there.

“What the hell?” I thought to my self.

I turned my head to see Luke leaning against his car, looking right at me.

His blonde hair was plastered to his forehead, and his black t-shirt clinging to his body. He shivered a bit from the cold, and visible goose-bumps covered his arms. He must have been waiting in the rain for a while based on how wetand cold he looked.

“What are you doing here,” I called to him.

Luke started walking towards me. “Finishing what I should have earlier,” he responded.

Before I could reply, he closed the distance between us, and placed his warm lips on mine.

He tasted like mint.

a.n///

zuke for life.

wow look at me being a bitch and ending it like that. BUT I TOLD YOU ALL SOMETHING MAJOR WAS GOING TO HAPPEN AND I FOLLOWED THROUGH YAY ME. 

on a more serious note, first now has more than 300 reads, which is crazy. the idea that more people then just me read this story is insane. i love you all!