Chapter 23

I sat down on Luke’s bed, bouncing on the familiar mattress.

“So Zoey,” Luke said, turning to look at me.

“So Luke,” I said, stopping my bouncing and looking at him.

“What the actual hell happened last night?” he asked.

I explained everything to Luke, every shitty feeling that I felt during my trip. I described the stress that I was under last night, and how I just needed to relax. I apologized multiple times for not telling him what was wrong, and how I had treated him the previous night.

When I was done with my long speech, I nervously looked up at Luke. He was sitting silently on the bed, looking right at me.

“Well?” I asked.

“I shouldn’t have gotten so upset with you last night. I’m so sorry Zoey,” he said, locking his eyes with mine.

“Luke, it was my fault, 100%. I just had a lot of things bottled up, and I didn’t know how to deal with them. I honestly acted so stupid and I over reacted, I just really want you to forgive me” I said, placing my hand on his.

“You honestly don't even need to ask for my forgiveness Zoey,” he said softly.

“So are we good?” I asked, leaning in close to him.

“We’re good,” he said, placing his warm lips on mine.

I smiled into this kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck.

I pulled back and smiled, “Did I even tell you that I missed you?” I asked.

“Nope,” he smirked.

“Well I missed you, a lot,” I said.

“So did I, a lot,” he said, kissing me quickly on the nose.

“So enough about me, I never asked you about your vacation. How was it?” I said, lying back on his bed.

“Uneventful,” he said, lying back on the bed.

“Sorry to hear about that,” I laughed softly.

“Enough about vacation, what should we do?” Luke asked, turning towards me.

“Want to watch a movie?” I asked, getting up to grab Luke’s laptop and find a movie.

“Fine by me, cute sweat pants by the way,” Luke laughed.

“Shut up,” I smiled.

 ☆ ☆ ☆

I wiped the tears from my eyes, shutting the screen to Luke’s laptop. We had just watched Stand By Me, and I was reduced to tears. I even saw Luke’s eyes glaze over, which made me feel a little bit better about sobbing.

“I cry every damn time I watch that movie,” I laughed, dabbing my eyes.

“That was an emotional journey,” Luke laughed, burying his face into my neck.

“Did little Lukey cry?” I laughed, patting his hair.

“No, I just had allergies,” he said, shaking his head.

“Let it all out Luke,” I laughed, wrapping my arms around him.

Luke raised his head and looked at he, pretending to cry.

“I should get going,” I sighed.

“Ugh fine,” Luke said, standing up and scooping my up in his arms.

“What are you doing, please put me down!” I squealed, squirming in his arms.

“Nope, I’m carrying you,” he laughed, walking out of his room and out of the house.

He placed me in his car and then jumped in the other side, starting it up. We drove to my house dramatically singing along to the songs on the radio, which had turned into a bit of a tradition for us. We pulled up in front of my house, and I leaned in and kissed him on the cheek.

“See you on Monday,” I said, reaching for the door of the car.

“Zoey wait, don’t you think it’s a little strange that I’ve never met your parents?” Luke asked.

“Um, do you really want to meet my parents?” I asked.

“Well yeah, you are my girlfriend, it is custom for boyfriends to meet their girlfriends parents,” Luke laughed.

“My parents are a lot to handle though,” I said.

“I think I can handle the Banks’,” he laughed.

“Alright, if you want. My dad will be back next weekend, you can come over for dinner then,” I sighed.

“Great, I’ll meet both at the same time,” he smiled.

“Just remember that I warned you,” I said, leaning in and kissing him on the cheek.

And with that, I exited the car and walked into my house.

“Mom,” I called as I shut the front door.

“Yes?” she said, walking out of the living room and entering the hallway.

She was wearing this hot pink velvet tracksuit, with rhinestones down the side. Sometimes I wondered if my mom was 40, or if she was a 14 year old girl from 2005. 

“Oh my god Zoey Eliza Banks you did not leave the house like that!” she gasped.

“I did. Anyways, my boyfriend is coming over for dinner next week,” I said.

“B-boyfriend. You got a boyfriend looking like that?” my mother scoffed.

“Yes and he’ll be here next week, so be nice. Oh and when dad gets here, make sure you tell him to be nice as well,” I replied.

I didn’t wait to hear her response; I just walked away and headed to my room. 

a.n///

so i put the trailer for stand by me on the side, if you havent seen it, i highly recommend it. anyways, some drama will be coming up so get ready.

love you all!!!