Epilogue

Shayne and Tavi sat in Shayne’s living room taking in each other’s presence. At this moment they feel as though they need to satisfy each other sexually in order to end on a good note.

But, in the back of their minds it’s not the best thing to do, because it’ll create something that they don’t want to happen again and that’s drama.

Deep down inside they have feelings for each other but have their own personal reasons as to why they won’t act upon them.

Shayne is simply too selfish to admit his love towards Tavi and don’t wanna express it anytime soon.

He feels as though Tavi is a good person and kind hearted and don’t want his manly ways to hurt and bring her down.

She’s the mother of his child and he’s okay with that because he knows she’ll be around for a long time.

Shayne knows that she’ll eventually find someone to make her happy and tell her how much they care about her and show her the world. He’s okay with that because he simply wants her to be happy and he loves her enough to let someone else show her that.

Growing up Shayne has never felt loved by his mother the way she needed to show him. She was a great mom and did everything for him, but because of that Shayne has a problem with expressing himself.

And his dad’s presence only made things worse with his harsh words and his dangerous lifestyle.

Shayne has been through hell and back when he was younger and only a real soldier can wake up everyday and have a smile on their face the way Shayne does.

He’s grown to accept the things in his life and the things that he can’t change.

Being that he’s went through so much the only thing he can do is show Addison something better, and that’s what he intend on doing.

Being young and a mother is hard enough for Tavi.

But being faced with feelings for the first time is overwhelming and she doesn’t know how to control it.

A year ago everything in her life was settle and easy to deal with.

Now in the present she has a hard time waking up in the morning knowing that it’s another day she has to work hard for someone else.

She doesn’t mind having Addison; it’s just the stress that comes with having a child.

Usually when people are in her predicament they would say they wouldn’t do it all over again because it has taught them life lessons.

But Tavi was feeling opposite. If she could change her past to affect her future she would do it in a heart beat.

She finally realized what her mom meant all along and now she’s in the same boat as her if not worse.

It may not seem as bad as her moms but in due time it’ll get there.

Tavi looked over at Shayne and saw this perfect being.

To her, he was everything she wanted.

Shayne is no prince charming but he’s human. He makes mistakes, and he learns from them.

It’s not just his physical look; it’s what’s inside that draws Tavi to him.

The way he doesn’t let anything phase him makes her want him more.

She wished that she could build up the courage to actually tell him that she wants him to be the man she needs in her life.

Not right now because she’s still young, but when everything settles for her then she wants him.

But Tavi’s so scared of rejection and that he’ll not want anything to do with her.

She don’t wanna come off clingy and seem like she’s in desperate need of him.

But being with Shayne would not only make her happy but she knows it’ll make Addison happy when she gets older.

Neither Tavi nor Shayne had both of their parents together growing up and they only wanted to show Addison something that they never had.

Tavi stood up packing away Addison’s things so that she could leave.

It was getting late and the more she stayed in the same room with Shayne the more her heart hurt.

When Tavi placed Addison in her car seat and looked at her face it was like she was looking at her own reflection.

Not just the looks but the future.

She wanted to make sure that Addison has it better in life then she did.

Tavi buckled Addison in and placed the pink blanket over her to protect her from the cold.

Shayne stood up and walked Tavi to the door while he held the car seat.

He helped Tavi put Addison into the car and then they stood face to face unsure of what to say.

Shayne was pulled in by Tavi’s beauty, and her big curly hair that he’s always adored.

She was most definitely a sight and he couldn’t help the small grin the crept up on his face.

Tavi removed herself from his gaze and tried to walk away but he grabbed her forearm wanting to say one last word.

He didn’t know how to say it, but he just let his heart do the talking.

“I love you”

Tavi was taken aback and almost cried when she heard those unfamiliar words come from his lips.

She had to think about if she had heard him right and when she realized he said it she couldn’t do anything but say it back.

“I love you too”